Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » What did you do today, 2016 (Page 41)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43   
Author Topic: What did you do today, 2016
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. He has 60 acres loaded with Osage, so he cuts me Osage wood. The bow in the picture came from an Osage tree on his property. I told him I want that Osage tree in the back ground next. LOL
Posts: 10771 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zradix
Contributor 2014
Member # 17930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zradix   Author's Homepage   Email Zradix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
should be a bow or two in there...lol
Very cool

--------------------
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Posts: 5977 | From: Shelby, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhntineverythingnh03743
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhntineverythingnh03743   Email bowhntineverythingnh03743   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awesome Roy! I still want to get my hands on one of your fine bows. Hopefully someday!
Posts: 1181 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice buck and bow

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1451 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowjunkie
Contributor 2014
Member # 482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowjunkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that's a nice buck, a nice bow, and Kenny is a good guy.
Posts: 2296 | From: Pa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowjunkie
Contributor 2014
Member # 482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowjunkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far today I steamed, straightened and reflexed a pair of osage billets, stripped down 6 turkey wings for wing bone calls and feathers for arrows, and made some osage and hophornbeam handle blocks from 'scrap' cutoffs and such. Gonna clean the gutters of leaves and then head back into the shop.
Posts: 2296 | From: Pa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
worked on a snakey osage today

--------------------

Posts: 1451 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
passion for knowledge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for passion for knowledge   Email passion for knowledge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found a local spot where I can sign up to use a fully kitted out wood workshop. Met the guy runs the place - as it turns out, his Mrs. wants to get into archery and bow making.

Signing up on Wednesday.

--------------------
Creativity and the search for knowledge are what keep me sane(ish)

Posts: 238 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glued up another tri lam. Osage belly, red elm core, boo backing. 62 tip to tip.

-

-

Posts: 10771 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Glued a riser on the above bow..

-

-

Have this one almost ready to tiller.

-

Ruffed in the tips.

-

-

monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always enjoy your builds, Roy.

I'll come up with something ornery later. Right now I have a toothache. [biglaugh]

--------------------
Monterey

"Where is the Life we have lost in living?
Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"

Thomas Stearns Eliot
(1888-1965)

Posts: 2603 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

looking good

--------------------

Zradix
Contributor 2014
Member # 17930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zradix   Author's Homepage   Email Zradix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice looking tips Roy.
Is that horn with an osage overlay?

--------------------
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Posts: 5977 | From: Shelby, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Yes it is.
Zradix
Contributor 2014
Member # 17930

quote:
Originally posted by Roy from Pa:
Yes it is.

[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------

This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©