Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Combo Oscillating Edge and Spindle Sander? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Combo Oscillating Edge and Spindle Sander?
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here'a picture of the sander with the lamination sander setup.
 -

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5090 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer Dave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archer Dave   Email Archer Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Is that an aluminum sheet for the top? Also do you use sleds with that setup or just send the laminate though?
Posts: 234 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesV
Contributor 2013
Member # 23743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesV   Email JamesV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two of these sanders and they are fantastic. Also check out the warranty.

James

--------------------
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Posts: 1971 | From: Rolling Fork, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is an aluminum sheet on MDF and yes I use sleds I've built. And as JamesV mentioned they have a lifetime warranty

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5090 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer Dave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archer Dave   Email Archer Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys. I might tey one of these out. Have you guys found that only having a 2" spindle big enough vs 3" like most spindle sanders?
Posts: 234 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the rigid combo 6 years ago. I already had a Jet 6" Spindle sander so i have never used the spindles on the Rigid.. It is a handy machine, a little under powered though and mine does vibrate..keep a good sharp belt on it and it will grind fiberglass limbs nicely. After using it for a year..I bought a used Grizzly 6"x80" edge sander and added a pattern sander to the motor end..The Rigid is very light and portable so i still use it on some projects.
Posts: 3545 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pago
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pago   Email Pago   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be lost without my Ridgid sander.

--------------------
The best made plan won't get it made the way you planned.

Posts: 278 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer Dave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42877

Thanks. You guys have helped me make up mind mind to spend a little more and get the Ridgid. I think it will be a good little machine for my limited use.
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I used mine it was stalling out badly. Just didn't have the power it had. Been using mine about 3 years but still not that many hours on it. Need to check it out but it may have been due to the extension cord in use.

It is a very good system IMO. A big step up from the drum on a drill press!

--------------------
Monterey

"Where is the Life we have lost in living?
Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"

Thomas Stearns Eliot
(1888-1965)

Posts: 2603 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer Dave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42877

Yeah light gauge extension cord can cause problems. I only use 12awg cords and even large power tools work fine.
beachbowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 3597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachbowhunter   Email beachbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pago:
I would be lost without my Ridgid sander.

Me too. Roys hands were actually shaking from drinking that cheap beer...

--------------------
Ishi was a Californian [Cool]

Posts: 3304 | From: CA ... where the turf meets the surf | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Beachy Boy...

LOL

Posts: 10771 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenneth butler
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenneth butler   Email kenneth butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up a like new one on Craigs list for $125. Only one of the spindle drums had been used. He must not have liked it. I love it and use it for knife making all the time. Shaping scales and handles, not metal work.Ken
Posts: 133 | From: texas | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©