Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Combo Oscillating Edge and Spindle Sander? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Combo Oscillating Edge and Spindle Sander?
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here'a picture of the sander with the lamination sander setup.
 -

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5236 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer Dave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archer Dave   Email Archer Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Is that an aluminum sheet for the top? Also do you use sleds with that setup or just send the laminate though?
Posts: 234 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesV
Contributor 2013
Member # 23743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesV   Email JamesV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two of these sanders and they are fantastic. Also check out the warranty.

James

--------------------
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Posts: 2022 | From: Rolling Fork, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is an aluminum sheet on MDF and yes I use sleds I've built. And as JamesV mentioned they have a lifetime warranty

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5236 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer Dave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archer Dave   Email Archer Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys. I might tey one of these out. Have you guys found that only having a 2" spindle big enough vs 3" like most spindle sanders?
Posts: 234 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the rigid combo 6 years ago. I already had a Jet 6" Spindle sander so i have never used the spindles on the Rigid.. It is a handy machine, a little under powered though and mine does vibrate..keep a good sharp belt on it and it will grind fiberglass limbs nicely. After using it for a year..I bought a used Grizzly 6"x80" edge sander and added a pattern sander to the motor end..The Rigid is very light and portable so i still use it on some projects.
Posts: 3623 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pago
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pago   Email Pago   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be lost without my Ridgid sander.

--------------------
The best made plan won't get it made the way you planned.

Posts: 315 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer Dave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42877

Thanks. You guys have helped me make up mind mind to spend a little more and get the Ridgid. I think it will be a good little machine for my limited use.
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I used mine it was stalling out badly. Just didn't have the power it had. Been using mine about 3 years but still not that many hours on it. Need to check it out but it may have been due to the extension cord in use.

It is a very good system IMO. A big step up from the drum on a drill press!

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2902 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archer Dave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42877

Yeah light gauge extension cord can cause problems. I only use 12awg cords and even large power tools work fine.
beachbowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 3597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachbowhunter   Email beachbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pago:
I would be lost without my Ridgid sander.

Me too. Roys hands were actually shaking from drinking that cheap beer...

--------------------
Ishi was a Californian [Cool]

Posts: 3316 | From: CA ... where the turf meets the surf | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Beachy Boy...

LOL

Posts: 11165 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenneth butler
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenneth butler   Email kenneth butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up a like new one on Craigs list for $125. Only one of the spindle drums had been used. He must not have liked it. I love it and use it for knife making all the time. Shaping scales and handles, not metal work.Ken
Posts: 164 | From: texas | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©