Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » New to me bandsaw coming tomorrow! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New to me bandsaw coming tomorrow!
LittleBen
Contributor 2013
Member # 21858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleBen   Email LittleBen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave I will definately check that out.

My concern with the floor is actually not related to the floor per-se. The problem is they put blacktop over the original concrete slab, so now the blacktop comes to the top of the sill plate, and portions of the sill plate are staying moist and deteriorating. I don't wanna do a bunch of work to find out I need to pull everything down to do repairs to the structure of the garage. So I need to do that up front.

Nothing more fun than fixing other people's mistakes,

Posts: 2931 | From: Albany, NY | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wood carver 2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wood carver 2   Email wood carver 2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how you feel. We've been looking for a new house and my least favorite words to hear are " I'm a handy person!" If I can find a piece of land that I can afford, I'll build and not have to worry about finding other people's messes.
Dave.

--------------------
" Vegetarian" a Native American term for bad hunter.

Posts: 1594 | From: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carson81
SPONSOR
Member # 37718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carson81   Author's Homepage   Email Carson81   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice saw and good deal. Good to hear you are building a proper home for her [Smile] Hope the shop build goes well for you!

--------------------
http://echoarchery.com/classes
Make your own yew or osage selfbow Workshops -
March class is now full Registration open for May 11-14, 2017 Class
www.surewoodshafts.com

Posts: 96 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buemaker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buemaker   Email Buemaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an 18 inch also, never regretted buying a large one.
Congrats.

Posts: 1994 | From: Norway | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©