Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 2017, What did you do today? (Page 24)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: 2017, What did you do today?
Carpdaddy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpdaddy   Email Carpdaddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love how fast that stuff dries. Sprayed it and it wasn't long before I was out shooting.
 -
 -

--------------------
Stumpshooting; Slinging sticks with sticks toward the origin of the sticks.

Posts: 556 | From: Corbin Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couple good lookers Tony!!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12027 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good looking! It gets much harder after a day or three.

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5254 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These were semi tubes. I think they really did have quite a few miles on them. As I was slicing them I could tell there were thick and thin spots. I'm not gonna complain though. Free tubes are getting harder to come by. Most tires these days are tubeless.

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 741 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking sticks carp.

I think I'm really gonna like the VHT as well. When I used it the first time, either the building was too cold, or I laid it on too thick. It didn't lay quite as flat as I'd like.

--------------------

Posts: 741 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
passion for knowledge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for passion for knowledge   Email passion for knowledge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't used tubes yet, but I get through so many mountain bike tubes I doubt I'll ever have to worry when I finally do a glass bow form. There has to be half a dozen dead tubes around the place.

Not exactly free, but at least they are not going to landfill yet.

--------------------
Creativity and the search for knowledge are what keep me sane(ish)

Posts: 246 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Pulled Clays bow outa the oven. Now for some quality time with the grinder to find the bow in this mess.
 -

--------------------

Adge23
Member # 46110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adge23   Email Adge23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got my first self bow down to what now looks like a bow. The overall length right now is72 inches. My question is do I need to cut it to make a shorter bow or should I keep all that I have.

BTW I am having a blast with this project. It may turn out to be a bust but that's how a man learns

Posts: 22 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How wide is it,how straight is it?
68 or 66" is good, nock to nock

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1862 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adge23
Member # 46110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adge23   Email Adge23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is really strait and 2 inches wide
Posts: 22 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpdaddy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpdaddy   Email Carpdaddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made a new string and sanded off an edge that I had missed on the tip that caused it. Getting old I guess.
 -

--------------------
Stumpshooting; Slinging sticks with sticks toward the origin of the sticks.

Posts: 556 | From: Corbin Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Got Clay's limbs profiled.
 -
And the other half of the riser glued on.
 -

--------------------

hightop_hunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hightop_hunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iv never been Very good at math. Bow came out 98 lbs at 28 inches. Big thanks to Krasus for helping sting it. I would try shooting it but im worried it is less a bow and more like a fibber glass wood bomb. but these are the joys of working out a new jig. Im trying to run the fibber glass through the middle of the bow.

-

Posts: 143 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like it almost broke your scale.

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5254 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A walrus snuck into the bow shop. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4hQcphc9c0&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 11328 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©