Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 2017, What did you do today? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  47  48  49   
Author Topic: 2017, What did you do today?
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking nice, John, RJ, and Krasus..
Posts: 11328 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EwokArcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EwokArcher   Email EwokArcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Krausus I love the handle materials there. What is that pink and black?
Posts: 242 | From: oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I made a 4 piece take down. Never liked that bow from the start. I attribute it to operator error... But I learned a bit....

-

Posts: 11328 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krasus
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krasus   Author's Homepage   Email Krasus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!.the pink and black is just the pink camo super action. (Maple). Other ones are wenge and futurewood (acrylic impregnated maple)
Posts: 379 | From: Canada - Vancouver | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Y
2017 Contributor
Member # 45671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Y   Email Tim Y   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured out how to post photo images in the TradGang forum messages. Now I am ready to ask questions with illustrations.
 -
Any way it was a stumbling block for me but I did "get it" after a few failed attempts.
I went back to the Photography and Video forum and wrote up a step by step description of how photo images are posted from "SmugMug.com". I hope that this will make it easier for other new members to share their images.

--------------------
- Be good to yourself. -

Dwyer Defiant #55@28
Bootleg Bows -longbow 64" #43@28
Red Oak, Board Bow -66" #42@28
Ben P, Mercury Hunter -60" #45@28

Posts: 21 | From: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang Roy, that stinks.
Most people wait for a bow to fail then cut it up. But I don't see any break lines, those all look like clean cuts. What gives?

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 741 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Didn't care for the tiller and it wasn't getting any better. Bottom limb seemed to be getting weaker all the time..
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was the wood a little if e when you picked it out?
or do you need glasses?

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1862 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Scifres
Associate Sponsor
Member # 946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Scifres   Author's Homepage   Email John Scifres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gave it 20 scrapes on the lower limb (left) and 10 on the right. There's also a slight stiff spot just short of midlimb that I scraped 10 times also.

Hickory Selfbow Tilleralong - 3

--------------------
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 6990 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
still looks like the outer 3rd's

The camera not staying focused

--------------------

Posts: 1862 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Scifres
Associate Sponsor
Member # 946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Scifres   Author's Homepage   Email John Scifres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's just shadows but the lighting isn't that great.

--------------------
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 6990 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Scifres
Associate Sponsor
Member # 946

20 Scrapes outer third on lower limb, 10 scrapes outer third on upper. I do a faceted scrape a la Dean Torges. Slight angle on each side and then scrape the ridge.

Hickory Selfbow Tilleralong - 4

--------------------
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

John Scifres
Associate Sponsor
Member # 946

20 Bends.

Hickory Selfbow Tilleralong - 5

I think the focus is going in and out because of me moving into and out of the frame. I'll work on that.

--------------------
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Hard to tell
need more light john

I scrape mine the same way

John you were at MoJam last year for the bow building?

--------------------

John Scifres
Associate Sponsor
Member # 946

I will see about more light. I was not at MOJam last year. It's been 10+ years since I attended. I need to get back there.

--------------------
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  47  48  49   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©