Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 2017, What did you do today? (Page 45)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 46 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46   
Author Topic: 2017, What did you do today?
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one cool lookin riser.

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 643 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice, Stic.
Posts: 11079 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scrub-buster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scrub-buster   Email scrub-buster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been on my to-do list for quite some time now. I made a backstop for the back yard. I made it pretty large so me and my daughter can shoot without launching arrows down the wild rose covered hillside. I brought the conveyor belt pieces home from an auction. I bought 1 section of horse stall mat for $20. That's the only money I had in the project. The rest of the stuff I had on hand. I'll give it a test run tomorrow.

-

-

--------------------
AKA Osage Outlaw

Posts: 1240 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fletched up some new shooting sticks for my new shooting stick.
I've always had troubles getting a real good bond on aluminum. So I tried something different this time.
Scuffed the shaft with some 320 emerycloth, then a couple coats of the VHT clear flat. Then glued on with gorilla blue cap. I'll do some testing tomorrow to see how they hold up [Wink]
 -

--------------------

Posts: 643 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice, Clint and Brad.

I haven't been posting much lately, mostly because I've been to 3 different 4 day archery events the past 5 weeks. Here are some pictures.

Those 5 boys spent hours making fires with a fero rod and bow drill. Be nice to be young again..

-

This was neat too. I'm the old guy in the back ground.

-

My grandson shooting.

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 11079 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Looks like a great time Roy!!

What's the grand son shooting???

That doesn't look like a tri lam [dunno]

--------------------

scrub-buster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scrub-buster   Email scrub-buster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pictures Roy. What shoots were you at?

--------------------
AKA Osage Outlaw

Posts: 1240 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

That's an old bear white knight take down that I bought new in 1973.

Clint, the first 2 were at Pine Hill Sportsman's club in Kennerdell, Pa. The other shoot was the UBP family camp out at Marsh Hill Pa, not far from the New York state line. Awesome mountains up there.

-

kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worked on a 64" zebra bow to check my 40# stack on the TD . It's at 42 right now and still have to shape riser and finish sand it so think I'm on the money!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11838 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful country, Roy!

But really, You gonna call those mountains? [Smile]

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2863 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Those were little ones, but no they are not like the rockies.
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made a form and glued up a 48/50" x 1" wide kids bow in D/R .

Hoping for about 20@20 but have no clue what I'll get. If it comes in too light I'll send it to
Roy... [laughing]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 11838 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

How did ya come up with the 1" glass?

--------------------

Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

How did ya come up with the 1" glass?

Cause that's all them sissy pants Ohio guys use.. [Smile]

kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

I clamped some 2" to the bench with a straightedge and cut it with a utility knife. Worked pretty good. Now if the bow will bend like I want it to starting that narrow.......

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

This topic comprises 46 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©