Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 2017 Bow Swap (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: 2017 Bow Swap
inksoup
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inksoup   Author's Homepage   Email inksoup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mwosborn:
quote:
Originally posted by inksoup:
quote:
Originally posted by Krasus:
Almost October and still waiting...

i am waiting too mate...
Several of us are! [Eek!]
yes... and that's make this event funnier...

--------------------
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Posts: 465 | From: turkey | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I gotta disagree with you Ink.

DEADLINE For new and late shippers will be Thursday, June 30th or before. Our vets who shipped on time last year will be Sunday, July 31st

Posts: 11257 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo_coon-catcher
Member # 45723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo_coon-catcher   Email Mo_coon-catcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have any of the late shippers even tried to communicate what's going on at this point?

Kule

Posts: 76 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inksoup
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inksoup   Author's Homepage   Email inksoup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roy from Pa:

I gotta disagree with you Ink.

DEADLINE For new and late shippers will be Thursday, June 30th or before. Our vets who shipped on time last year will be Sunday, July 31st

well, the point is communication... for me for example, i have tried to explain why i make the shipping late (this year was the first as far as i remember).

on the other hand, my first attend to this event, i had to wait for a year for my bow (well, there was some problems with various things which can happen) but for me that was not a bad thing. i trust this site, trust this the owners, and even more to people here. i feel like this community is kind of mixture of good heart people.

this is not particulary for you Roy. please do not get me wrong on this.

i just poured how i feel about being here...

best.

--------------------

Posts: 465 | From: turkey | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inksoup
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26640

BTW: to my recipient:

i did not write the specs on the bow. but your bow is between #45-#50 @28.

i hope you like and use it.

finger cross to to have safe journey up to there...

best.

--------------------

Krasus
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krasus   Author's Homepage   Email Krasus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kelly, Can we get a list of shame on who hasn't shipped yet?
Posts: 378 | From: Canada - Vancouver | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ink, I did not post that towards you, sorry. Was just disgusted with the lack of communications here from those who have not shipped.

I have serious doubts that those who have not shipped yet, " 2 months late ", will never ship. The very least they could do would be update their progress thus far, as you have done!

But nothing from anyone as far as updates ??????????????

Kelly, list those guys out here who have not shipped.

Posts: 11257 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yessssssssss

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1840 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Scifres
Associate Sponsor
Member # 946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Scifres   Author's Homepage   Email John Scifres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do the swap to give, not receive.

Those without a dog in the fight ought to keep their opinions to themselves lest they be thought an antagonist.

--------------------
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 6988 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by John Scifres:
I do the swap to give, not receive.

Those without a dog in the fight ought to keep their opinions to themselves lest they be thought an antagonist.

That is great John. But it is called a "bow swap" not a "bow give". I didn't get into the swap because I needed a bow. I got in for the fun of building a bow for someone else and getting to see the workmanship and style of a fellow bowyer. It is a learning process for me. I also got in understanding that I may not get a bow in the end, that is ok and I accepted that when I signed up.

I believe all the comments so far are just asking for a little communication. I don't think that is too much to ask.

As to the opinions..... this is a forum after all and most of the posts on this site deal with opinions. We are all members of the same group and are all free to give our opinion in a respectful way. Makes no difference what kind of dog you have. [Wink]

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1480 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krasus
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krasus   Author's Homepage   Email Krasus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Mitch.

I didn't do the build and pay almost 300 buck to ship a bow to Europe (before the established bowyers deadline) to not receive anything.. the swap isn't a charity..
I'm really kinda disappointed that Kelly hasn't been more proactive and stay on top of things and let people know what's going on.

Posts: 378 | From: Canada - Vancouver | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Cody if I was in your shoes, I'd be highly pissed off too. I've already been labeled an antagonist here, so I'll just keep my thoughts to myself.
Krasus
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42878

Ya I am...

Don't worry about it Roy, we all know your a old craky bastard 😉lol (just kidding).

Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

LMAO
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now,Now
us kid's need to play nice together.

Bummer on the bow swap!

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1840 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©