Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 2017 Bow Swap (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: 2017 Bow Swap
Krasus
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krasus   Author's Homepage   Email Krasus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Roy that's a amazing offer. I'll pm ya.

I understand that life can throw curves but I also understand that when someone makes a commitment they should honor their word. I built 3 bows because I wasn't hitting the right poundage that I was supposed to be making. I know not everyone would have that time but I said I would build and ship a bow on time and I ment what I said. My biggest piss off is that there is no comments or input from the late shippers or Kelly explaining things.
Personally after this year I can't see me participating again...

Posts: 380 | From: Canada - Vancouver | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KellyG   Email KellyG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy when have you know me not to make things right in the swap. Krasus i know your bow is en route, but I know patience is not something we have now days. It sucks when you are waiting I know. I have waited Heck Ink can tell you from first hand what is like. He got his second swap bow before his first. It happens. this year is the worse it has been. ever.

The Following have not received a bow.
Krasus
Swissbow
inksoup John Scifres
mwosborn
talkingcabbage

I PM those who have not shipped and if I think there is an issue I PM the recipient and let them know.

And I think most late bows are some of the best, but I may be wrong for some just want send on something they feel is not their best.

Posts: 4314 | From: Riley, KS | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update Kelly, I do appreciate it.

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1498 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KellyG   Email KellyG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am tracking 2 bows in the mail
Posts: 4314 | From: Riley, KS | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this year is the worse it has been. ever.

That is what started all of this Kelly. All that's been asked here is some communication from the late shippers. I don't see a problem with keeping those waiting on a bow informed.

Posts: 11389 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

True enough roy. I have not been responding on here as much as in the past.

I have been PMing all the late shippers and have no real concerns if I had I would have PMed those receiving the bow.

So since 2011 to today 359 bows have been made and shipped. every state has been shipped to and every Continent. Everyone who has shipped a bow has or will get a bow. It has always been that way. Even If i have to build it myself.

I know the wait is tough I have been on the long wait myself.

But 359 bows in 7 years. I don't have the date from 2010 ( was not part of it then) But I know those numbers would push us to over 400!

It is good to be part of it. I don't get anything out of this other than the satisfaction of knowing and hear the joys from other like me. Is it perfect system no, but like the US herself show me better.

Happy building and I will keep on working to ensure all gets a bow. God Bless

John Scifres
Associate Sponsor
Member # 946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Scifres   Author's Homepage   Email John Scifres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got nothin' but love for ya Kelly. And I have so many bows, I am in no hurry for another. But I will say, the two best bows I own, other than the ones I have made (if I do say so myself) came from the swap. Although there is that Joe Mattingly bow, oh yeah and the Bob Barnes, and the Ferret bow...

Nevermind. Some of the best bows I own, I got from the swap [Smile]

Thanks for all you do!

--------------------
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 6992 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

The bows I have gotten in the swap are better than I build for myself for sure. But Ironically the best bows I ever made ended up going to others.

However none have had the mojo of my first self bow.

beachbowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 3597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachbowhunter   Email beachbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a moment when I was thinking maybe we should build bows for the St Jude fundraiser. The Bowyers of Tradgang donation. I don't need another bow but would make one for St Jude.

--------------------
Ishi was a Californian [Cool]

Posts: 3317 | From: CA ... where the turf meets the surf | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

I think they did a pass around bow one year for that if I remember. Some one donated the stave another makes the bow. another adds skin or hide backing someone added tips . a string with silencers were added a case made arrows added. But it was mailed from 1 to the next. each adding what they signed up for. It was a cool project. It think it was for saint jude.
talkingcabbage
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for talkingcabbage   Author's Homepage   Email talkingcabbage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, Andy (Swissbow) did receive his bow from me. I sent a pm to confirm awhile back in September. Here's a copy if the message he sent to me.

posted September 15, 2017 03:34 PM Profile for Swissbow Email Swissbow
Hi Joe,

sorry for the long wait for an answer. I'vo got you bow and i was blown away when i got it. it's just incredibly beautiful, a true piece of art.
unfortunately i'm going thru some really tough times right now and don't have that much time to shoot and building bows.I hope that i can shoot it in the next few days, but i have no daoubt that it's a fine shooter.
Thank you very much Joe, i really appreciate it
Regards Andy

--------------------
Joe

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."

One of two things will happen; it'll either work or it won't.

Posts: 793 | From: Ottumwa, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

thanks Joe I just got a message from him myself. I will update my data.
inksoup
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inksoup   Author's Homepage   Email inksoup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KellyG:
The bows I have gotten in the swap are better than I build for myself for sure. But Ironically the best bows I ever made ended up going to others.

However none have had the mojo of my first self bow.

i agree with you.

plus, no matter what condition the swap bows are, they are still more valued for me. i feel like somebody around the world, give his time, care about making something just for me. really i do not matter the result. that feeling is enough. while joining the event i have always given my specs like "whatever / however bow you like".

best.

--------------------
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Posts: 475 | From: turkey | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

should be some bows received soon Let me know when you get them.
inksoup
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inksoup   Author's Homepage   Email inksoup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
21/09/2017 11:30:54 The item was forwarded to the destination country (Otb)

it says... nearly 3 weeks. you will see a package in your door soon then.

best.

--------------------
these are not the droids you are looking for.

Posts: 475 | From: turkey | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©