Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 2017 Bow Swap (Page 27)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: 2017 Bow Swap
KellyG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KellyG   Email KellyG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Having a BBO from roy myself. I bet you will no be up set in the least.
Posts: 4335 | From: Riley, KS | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Malone   Email John Malone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the time tables for a bow swap? Say you sign up in January ship by ???? How does that work?

--------------------
If I'm breathing, I have nothing to complain about.

Posts: 295 | From: Richmond County North Carolina | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canopyboy
Contributor 2017
Member # 24537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canopyboy   Email canopyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can look up last year’s sign up thread for the full rules, but nominally ship by June.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Posts: 2089 | From: Fairfax Station, Virginia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canopyboy
Contributor 2017
Member # 24537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canopyboy   Email canopyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[dbl post]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2089 | From: Fairfax Station, Virginia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By June?
Now that's funny:)

Posts: 11603 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talkingcabbage
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for talkingcabbage   Author's Homepage   Email talkingcabbage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see some communication on here finally. I've been away for awhile and finally had a chance to get back on. I halfway figured it was just over. Thanks to you all who is stepping up to fill the voids.

--------------------
Joe

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."

One of two things will happen; it'll either work or it won't.

Posts: 803 | From: Ottumwa, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canopyboy
Contributor 2017
Member # 24537

ttt

Kelly is still running this one to ground and I don't want to steal his thunder here, but with the 2018 signup going on I don't want the 2017 swap to be forgotten until it's truly wrapped up.

Ink, my understanding is that your replacement bowyer should be shipping in about 2 weeks. And then the long, tense wait to get through Turkish customs I guess.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

talkingcabbage
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for talkingcabbage   Author's Homepage   Email talkingcabbage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I got a message from my new bowyer and it's on the way! Should see something around next Tuesday.

--------------------
Joe

Posts: 803 | From: Ottumwa, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by talkingcabbage:
Well I got a message from my new bowyer and it's on the way! Should see something around next Tuesday.

[thumbsup] Good to hear.

Roy stepped up and is building me one of his famous trilams. He said I had to wait a few months though! [Eek!] I said it would be worth the wait and it would give me time to build him one of my not so famous glass longbows. [Big Grin]

Looks like all is going to work out for 2017 unless I am missing someone.

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1528 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talkingcabbage
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16909

Stinks that you have to wait so long, but it's awesome that Roy stepped in. I'd love to have one of his trilams. I suppose if you have to wait, he's definitely one worth waiting for!

--------------------
Joe

talkingcabbage
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16909

I got my swap bow from Bert today! It's a beauty for sure. He might have to give some details, but I think it's birch (may be hickory) and lovely! I hope the picture links work. It's my first time trying to post with imgur.
TG bow swap bow 2017 https://imgur.com/gallery/ogVNd

Thanks so much for stepping in to fill the gap Bert! Hopefully tomorrow won't be so cold and I can shoot it some.

--------------------
Joe

Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great... Looks sweet. Also looks like a Yew Bow....
Thanks Bert.

-

Posts: 11603 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice bow.

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3090 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bert Frelink
Contributor 2013
Member # 8123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bert Frelink   Email Bert Frelink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello gang,
Yes Roy it is a Yew bow, spliced from an almost dead branch that was cut from a tree in Oregon during one of the NALS shoots.
The top of the limb had a lot of little pin knots in it which makes it look kinda cool.
Nothing real fancy but it shoots a pretty nice arrow and hope Joe can put some meat on the table with it.
Cute little helpers by the way [clapper]
Enjoy Joe.
Regards.
Bert

Posts: 866 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

I sorta figured it was a yew bow. I made one a few years ago and love it. My stave also came from Oregon. Guy by the name of Keenan Howard sent it to me. I would love to get ahold of another yew stave..

Thanks for stepping up, Bert. ^5

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©