Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » SO YA WANNA BUILD A GLASS BOW ? (Page 16)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: SO YA WANNA BUILD A GLASS BOW ?
goobersan
Contributor 2015
Member # 35312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goobersan   Email goobersan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crooked Stic:
Hmm a little beaver slicky can do wonders. [bigsmyl]

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

--------------------
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

Posts: 774 | From: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice build along. That bow looks sweet and with some very impressive numbers!

With that extra bit of reflex in the tips, is it any louder than the original 62/64 inch bow?

Posts: 425 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Flanrey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Flanrey   Email David Flanrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe you have a good one there Kenny. Now to bloody it up this fall!!
Posts: 869 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems as quiet, but have had nobody stand beside and listen..

Lookin forward to that David, but last years bow treated me very well... LOL... Hate to dump her!!

Oh , and I missed a step, after sanding the riser smooth, I only go to 220, You need to break the glaze on the glass so the finish sticks, just sand the shine off it with 220 and spray with finish of choice.

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11908 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Woodpuppy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Woodpuppy   Email Woodpuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool! Now I want to make one... what could go wrong? Besides spousal distress...

--------------------
TBOF
Horse Creek Traditional Archey Club

Posts: 119 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Woodpuppy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Woodpuppy   Email Woodpuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh... missed the subscribe button before...

--------------------
TBOF
Horse Creek Traditional Archey Club

Posts: 119 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spouses get used to it, as long as you don't sleeptalk....

Oh, she is so curvy and sexy I love her so much yadayada..... [biglaugh]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 11908 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Landis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Landis   Email Dan Landis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a little experience talking there. LOL
Great build a long and bow, by the way!!!

Posts: 1128 | From: Abbottstown, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Good thing my wife sleeps soundly..... [laughing]

And thanks!!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good Kenny

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5235 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Here are some finished pics of her...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice, Kenny...
Posts: 11157 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
: [thumbsup] thumbsup: [thumbsup]
Looking good!!
That's definitely a one of a kind riser.

It kinda lost the effect of running the belly lams though since they got split by the grip.

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 678 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buemaker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buemaker   Email Buemaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real beauty. Full draw shape is very good.
Posts: 2038 | From: Norway | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arachnid
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arachnid   Email arachnid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That one makes me drool all over the place... I'm defiantly going to make myself on...

Say Kenny, now that you shot it a bit, is there a big difference between this design and the old one?

Posts: 210 | From: Israel | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©