Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » SO YA WANNA BUILD A GLASS BOW ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: SO YA WANNA BUILD A GLASS BOW ?
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I had a fellow call about putting curved radius in risers, so I set my el cheapo swing jig on my bandsaw and figured while I was taking pics for him, I'd just cut the back and accent cut for the riser. Found a chunk of bocote with some sapwood on a corner, which would cut off...

-

It's set on 26" which I figured out before I cut it, it needs 27" radius for the 62/64" bow...

-

-

Set the block out far enough to hit the line you want, cut the back profile first, then the accent cut...

-

-

Here she is all cut out, back profile, accent cut(simple curved accent, probably put a pc of curly something with maybe something black in there...

-

That's all folks til next weekend most likely.....

[archer2]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11910 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
takefive
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for takefive   Email takefive   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent [thumbsup]

--------------------
It's hard to make a wooden bow which isn't beautiful, even if it's ugly.
-Tim Baker

Posts: 1099 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott F
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott F   Email Scott F   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep it up Kenny - this is going to be good.
Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Posts: 244 | From: Quantico, VA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dannon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dannon   Email Dannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! I ordered your plans several years ago, got the form built and just never got around to ordering supplies to get started. Looking forward to this build a long.
Posts: 157 | From: Camden, Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenny- Do you pattern sand them, or just the saw cut?

I will be watching

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1801 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take the outside of curve to disc sander and just lightly clean up any zigs or zags , then spindle sander to inside curve and do the same, then clamp together and check the glue line, just like a dry run on a bow. Then adjust the inside curve because the disc sander on the outside curve is rarely out of line. Rarely have to do much more than that.

Will not sand the back profile til I'm ready to finish the riser up for bow glueup.

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 11910 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You da man

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1801 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob at Work
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob at Work   Email Bob at Work   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good stuff... thanks.
Posts: 1148 | From: morrilton, arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not too shabby ole boy.. ^5
Posts: 11171 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

I gotta get a pc of metal strap to make the straps to bolt it together with the bow and air hose in between.

I could rob em off another form, but don't want to....

I like the air system because the entire bow has the exact same pressure as it cures.

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

goobersan
Contributor 2015
Member # 35312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goobersan   Email goobersan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lookin sweet [thumbsup]

--------------------
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

Posts: 774 | From: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NCArrowflinger
Member # 37771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCArrowflinger   Email NCArrowflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gonna be nice!
Posts: 67 | From: Balsam Grove, NC | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Thanks guys!!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You make it look so easy Kenny! You should be a teacher. [Wink]

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1471 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trux Turning   Email Trux Turning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good Kenny!
Posts: 1813 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©