Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Redneck testing (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Redneck testing
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mongolian tulip wood... [laughing]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11908 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kenny,
Been doin a little research on bow woods. I noticed you used honey locust in your test, but black locust seems to have a much better weight to flex ratio.

Can you source black locust?

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 678 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I have some real nice black locust in the back of shop, been there for 4 years !

And some sassafrass I think!!

Forgot about it and never got it on my site yet!

Thanks for the reminder.... [Smile]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11908 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kennym:
Actually I have some real nice black locust in the back of shop, been there for 4 years !

And some sassafrass I think!!

Forgot about it and never got it on my site yet!

Thanks for the reminder.... [Smile]

Uhhhhh.......You're welcome [dunno]

You can thank me by adding them to the test list [readit]
And by not selling it all before I can convince the wife that I need another bow. Lol

Who knows, they may even beat out MTW???

--------------------

Posts: 678 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a bunch of Mongolian Tulip wood.
Posts: 11157 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

quote:
Originally posted by Roy from Pa:
I have a bunch of Mongolian Tulip wood.

I figured you used all your stash for making thumping sticks.

--------------------

ty_in_ND
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ty_in_ND   Email ty_in_ND   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kenny, if you do update this list with black locust and possibly sassafrass (and maybe Mongolian Tulip wood? =D ), would you care to run some black cherry through the test? I'd be very interested to see how cherry does.

--------------------
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Posts: 67 | From: Grand Forks, North Dakota | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©