Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 56" Static TD (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 56" Static TD
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trux Turning   Email Trux Turning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got the limbs all glued up and have a riser- time to get a bow put together-
 -

Posts: 1818 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trux Turning   Email Trux Turning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had to take a peek at the limbs- the red wood burl looks pretty good-
 -

Posts: 1818 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Cut the limb pads on the riser- probably will use a different limb mounting system...
 -

kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great David!!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12027 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thadbow
Contributor 2017
Member # 21824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thadbow   Email Thadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work David!!
I really like this one

Posts: 445 | From: Hershey PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenBow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BenBow   Email BenBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice! Looking forward to the finished bow

--------------------
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel, (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Posts: 5254 | From: Sunny Rio Rancho, New Mexico | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigbob2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigbob2   Email bigbob2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great Trux, they sure are static hooks! Reckon it will fling an arrow!
Posts: 1879 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome....
Posts: 11328 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodork
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bodork   Email Bodork   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's gonna be a beautiful bow! I like how that wood gets lighter at the bottom of the riser. Is it not just a b____ to glue up limbs with a sharp bend like that?
Posts: 2155 | From: Canyon Texas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Mike it is a handful to get the limbs glued up with that sharp hook- since this is the second one I haven't found an easy way yet.
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

So I broke out the drilling jig and goth everything drilled and the inserts installed. a buddy of mine made this jig for me- works way better than my other one.
 -
Alignment looks good.
 -

Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Here's a preview with the limbs mounted and the riser shaped out a bit.
 -

monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait to see a full draw on this.

In fact, I'd love to shoot it!

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2976 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Worked on the bow some more- got the tips glued on-
 -
Once those were dry I cut the string groves and strung it up. The brace height is pretty low but the tiller is even and there is minimal limb twist to deal with.
 -

Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

I wanted to add some over lays to the riser and the belly side of the hooks- so I dug out some burl veneers for the riser and a piece of boo with a veneer for the limbs- once the glue is dried I'll get to work shaping the riser.
 -

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©