Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » 2017 Hunting Bow(s) BOTH DONE !! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: 2017 Hunting Bow(s) BOTH DONE !!
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found an aluminum riser template for a wave riser a good bud gave me, and decided to build myself a bow with it.

Here are some pics to start this show, will try to take more as I build the bow.

-

-

And with a junk set of limbs to see how profile will be...

-

There is the other part of the template to mark the wave to the left of bow.....

I'm liking the looks of it so far.

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12027 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm liking it too [thumbsup]

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2976 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's ok.
Posts: 11328 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
Contributor 2017
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it!!
Just hope you fixed those gaps before you glued the riser together! [biglaugh]

--------------------
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2009 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! Check it out, that's the sister, I haven't fitted it yet.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 12027 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So your makin yourself TWO new hunting bows [laughing]

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 741 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you finish it and don't like it, I suppose I could take it off your hands for ya.

Looks good so far!

Posts: 470 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodork
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bodork   Email Bodork   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good so far! Maybe it will still be around in Sept. and I can shoot it a little. [Smile]
Posts: 2155 | From: Canyon Texas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
Contributor 2017
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kennym:
HA! Check it out, that's the sister [Big Grin]

Hahahah.... I didn't notice that part!

--------------------
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2009 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

The one I glued up fit great with no extra sanding. The other one might be better if I slid it a little so the ends are even.

I looked at my edge sander a bit for a profile sander tonite. Got an idea or 2 goin....

I guess I'll have to build 2 [Frown] , hate to throw away the other riser.... [biglaugh]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

arachnid
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arachnid   Email arachnid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks real good.
Wish I have a spare set of limbs laying around.

Posts: 220 | From: Israel | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

The spare limbs are junk, they are where I learned to not crank the hold downs on the side of form tight against the bow limbs...... [Razz]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

J. Holden
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Holden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like zebra wood and what else?

--------------------
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Posts: 1539 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bow loving man
2017 Contributor
Member # 4743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bow loving man   Email bow loving man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good, you could build one RH and one LH and I could shoot the lefty in Sept!!! LOL

--------------------
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Posts: 2017 | From: Texas Panhandle | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Zebra and jatoba ( Brazilian cherry)

Left handed just don't seem right ( LOL) , I've built about three of em and was scared to death I'd cut the shelf on the wrong (right) side . [laughing]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©