Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Kids bow plans?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kids bow plans?
J. R. Harp
Member # 16908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. R. Harp   Email J. R. Harp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious to see if any one has built a small kids bow (that looks more like a custom bow to match dads) and what length, laminations, ect to do it with. Thanks for any help
Posts: 34 | From: San Jose, Illinois | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I have a router template for a 48/50" but no paper plans for it...

It is a D/r just like my 58/60"

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12018 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jess stuart
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jess stuart   Email jess stuart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a picture of a couple of recent kids longbows. They are 46" lone with a 12" riser. I use 2" .040 glass and split it in half allowing one and half bows from a single strip of glass. With a stack of about .240 I get 20# @ 20", they shoot well and look very similar to a full size longbow.

-

Posts: 1427 | From: Moriarty , New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean you pull it off the form and cut down the centerline for two bows?

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2971 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jess stuart
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jess stuart   Email jess stuart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monterey no. I cut the glass into one inch strips before glue up. I have a one inch wide form. I use a sharp utility knife and straight edge. I am careful to not use to much pressure on the knife, several passed is the key to getting a good cut.
Posts: 1427 | From: Moriarty , New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you do the same with 2" cores?

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2971 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jess stuart
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20759

I grind my own so, I usually cut them to one inch width before grinding. One could split in the same manner if you needed to.
jess stuart
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20759

I grind my own so, I usually cut them to one inch width before grinding. One could split in the same manner if you needed to.
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jess those are awesome youth bows.
Posts: 4805 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©