Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Simple 58 R/D (Finished) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Simple 58 R/D (Finished)
bowhntineverythingnh03743
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhntineverythingnh03743   Email bowhntineverythingnh03743   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,
Been some time since I have posted anything. Been so busy with life and starting college it has been a crazy year so far.

Started this bow two days ago and figure that it will be the one I hunt with this fall. Most of my bows have been pretty tedious with all the inlays and accents that this time I wanted simple yet elegant.

This one has black glass on the back and belly with a G10 riser. I have always wanted to try a G10 riser so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Hoping for 55# @ 28 inch draw when completed.

Here is where I am at so far...
 -
 -
 -

Posts: 1196 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhntineverythingnh03743   Email bowhntineverythingnh03743   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -

Got the limbs roughly profiled and the nocks cut in.

Tomorrow I will add the overlays. I am unsure what I am going to use for the riser but will do a black horn for the nocks.

Any comments or opinions are welcome! Nice to be back building again!

Posts: 1196 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks darn good for two days worth Justin!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11910 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am liking this one.

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1471 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodork
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bodork   Email Bodork   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is really gonna be a nice bow!
Posts: 2147 | From: Canyon Texas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trux Turning   Email Trux Turning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharp looking bow!
Posts: 1813 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good!

What is the thin red line in the stack in the photo of the tip?

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2902 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Monterey it is just a discoloration of the boo.
hunting badger
Member # 2351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunting badger   Author's Homepage   Email hunting badger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it!! I think sometimes we try to get too fancy with our bows, it looks great!
Posts: 68 | From: Palmer, AK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ty_in_ND
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ty_in_ND   Email ty_in_ND   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great so far! It'll be neat to hear how the G10 works out.

I know it's nice to have fancy veneers under clear glass and risers made of multiple woods with mosaic strips, but those simple black/colored glass limbs with solid one piece risers are great lookers, too.

--------------------
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Posts: 68 | From: Grand Forks, North Dakota | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good from here.

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3125 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolftrail
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolftrail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff. Let me guess that car in the background is a 61-62 Oldsmobile or maybe Cadillac..?
Posts: 695 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Today I got the tips roughed out and looking nice. I will start trying to drop the weight in the next couple of days and then start with the shaping of the riser.

-

Wolftrail.... the car is my dad's first vehicle... 64 Olds Super88

monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking really good, Justin. You have a good eye and a knack for this. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2902 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice tips! Uhh, I guess I can say that on here....

Nice job buddy!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11910 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©