Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Simple 58 R/D (Finished) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Simple 58 R/D (Finished)
Wolftrail
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolftrail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Wolftrail.... the car is my dad's first vehicle... 64 Olds Super88 "

good stuff..! well I was close. In the 70's I could tell what vehicle was behind me at night looking in the rear view mirror. 80% of the time. [Wink]

Posts: 695 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhntineverythingnh03743
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhntineverythingnh03743   Email bowhntineverythingnh03743   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well today I got this bow all ready for clear. Finished out 60# @28 inches. About 5# more than I wanted but it will work just fine for me!

-
 -
 -

I love the simplicity of this bow... Shoots with authority and is dead in my hand. The length will work awesome out of a treestand. I will post pictures next week once the bow is completed!

Posts: 1196 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sant-Ravenhill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sant-Ravenhill   Email Sant-Ravenhill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No pictures...bummed out as it sounds like a great bow.
Posts: 410 | From: Montana | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant see them either.

Photobucket seems to be a lost cause. Free photo hosting as long as you pay for it?

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11910 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhntineverythingnh03743   Email bowhntineverythingnh03743   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else know where we can upload pictures from?
Posts: 1196 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trux Turning   Email Trux Turning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Imgur- check out the first post on the pow wow fourm on how to use it
Posts: 1813 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Thanks Trux... Think I posted them correctly now
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trux Turning   Email Trux Turning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good looking bow!
Posts: 1813 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking bow.

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1471 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shredd
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shredd   Email Shredd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking details and curves on that riser...
Posts: 253 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Justin, that looks awesome and I'm not fond of black glass !! LOL

What stack did you use for 60 @ 28 ?

.040 glass?

Thanks!! Always gathering info !!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11910 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good
But I can't see the picture

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1801 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Kenny,
I used the stack for the 55# you have on your plan. Only difference was that I used .50 glass which instead of .40... whoops. Plus I ended up cutting it to 58 inches so when I was completed it was just shy of 70. Was able to drop it down by trapping the back and now is a thumper of a bow. Was able to save it and really enjoy shooting this thing now. I can't wait to get the clear on it this week!

Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Got the bow finished earlier in the week... Ended up 60# @ 28 inches and 58 inches ttt... Really looking to bring this bow into the woods this season. My only problem is that at my 27 inch draw I'm right on the boundary of 500 and 400 spines so I still need to figure out what flies the best out of the bow.

-
 -
 -

I just love the simplicity of this bow and how the black and natural boo are complementary to each other

Buemaker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buemaker   Email Buemaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange. I can see some of the pics and bow looks nice, but most of the pics just says: Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting. Photobucket??
I'll try to post a pic to see If it works from my side of the pond.
 -

Posts: 2038 | From: Norway | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©