Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Simple 58 R/D (Makes Meat Pg 3) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Simple 58 R/D (Makes Meat Pg 3)
Shredd
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shredd   Email Shredd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks Great... Nice curves on the riser...
Posts: 317 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhntineverythingnh03743
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhntineverythingnh03743   Email bowhntineverythingnh03743   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well on Tuesday I finally ended my journey to harvest a deer with one of my own built longbows. I had to refinish this bow because the finish did not take well, so while doing so I dropped some more poundage and ended with 54# @ 28 inch draw.

This young buck gave me a 12 yard shot and I put a perfectly placed arrow just behind his shoulder. Got my first complete pass thru and he only went 30 yards. To say I am proud and humble is an understatement.
 -
 -
 -

To say I am hooked again with the art of crafting these beautiful weapons is correct. I was getting pretty discouraged about hunting with a longbow because of the challenges but now I am back and ready to take on ever season with my own!

Posts: 1204 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Justin..
Posts: 11551 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Landis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Landis   Email Dan Landis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Justin. I hope to achieve that goal also. I've taken several with bows others have made, but never one of my own creations yet.
Posts: 1151 | From: Abbottstown, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well deserved satisfaction. Congrats.

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1523 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done!! [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 797 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:
Originally posted by Bvas:
Well done!! [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

Way to go. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1867 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [bigsmyl] [thumbsup]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12188 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickmonkey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21457

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickmonkey   Email stickmonkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats

--------------------
Time is the crucible of a man's integrity.

Posts: 185 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhntineverythingnh03743
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhntineverythingnh03743   Email bowhntineverythingnh03743   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys! This was an amazing feeling. I honestly don't even remember aim and seeing the arrow hit. But to know that everything came together as it was supposed to is beyond exciting!

Can't wait to start building my next bow!

Posts: 1204 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perry f.
Contributor 2014
Member # 18309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perry f.   Email perry f.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome
Posts: 470 | From: IN | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bowhntineverythingnh03743:
Thanks guys! This was an amazing feeling. I honestly don't even remember aim and seeing the arrow hit. But to know that everything came together as it was supposed to is beyond exciting!

Can't wait to start building my next bow!

[clapper]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12188 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trux Turning   Email Trux Turning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!!
Posts: 1822 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canopyboy
Contributor 2017
Member # 24537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canopyboy   Email canopyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! That's an awesome looking bow and a great story. I'm still waiting to get a nice buck with my own bow. Of course, I'm still waiting to get a nice buck...

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Posts: 2082 | From: Fairfax Station, Virginia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a very nice bow and a fine use of it by the builder.

Hmmmmmm, a new bow for each kill. Wonder if I can sell that at my house. [Smile]

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3080 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©