Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Tips and tricks thread (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Tips and tricks thread
arachnid
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arachnid   Email arachnid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like those jigs... might make myself too...
Posts: 210 | From: Israel | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey
I got one
Use tape to hold the plastic wrap on the form.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1796 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
Hey
I got one
Use tape to hold the plastic wrap on the form.

[Big Grin]

X2 Just walking past the form can create enough air movement to screw up plastic wrap.

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 678 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Texas Trad
Member # 34475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Texas Trad   Email Texas Trad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really been enjoying this thread, some very good tips. About the plastic wrap, I have been having very good luck using the .4 mil painters plastic.
It comes in a roll and has 4 folds, 2 of the folds are a little wider than the other 2, I measure off about 8" longer than my glass. I cut along the folds, using the wider pieces for 1pc recurves. I do my layups on the plastic, on a table, then wrap my layup (take gloves off before wrapping) I then use masking tape to secure wrap and fold the ends over to catch any squeeze out I then can lay bundle on form. Since the plastic is somewhat clear and I have marked the center on my riser laminations and glass, I can line everything up with the center of my form.

Posts: 6 | From: TX | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©