Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » two new staves. One is crazy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: two new staves. One is crazy
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Msturm   Email Msturm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A "good" friend of mine cut a bunch of guava off of his property and I asked him to keep a couple pieces in his tin shed for me. This was Oct. 2016 I think I posted photos of those staves at some point on here.

I took them out today and roughed a couple out with the machete. Here is what I have.

The first is 67 in, tip to tip. which may change. and has about an inch of deflex in one limb. I may or may not try to flip the tips. we will see how I feel. when we get there.

-
It has a little wiggle in the deflex limb.
 -

Backs have cambium layer still on them.

Now for the crazy stave. its 66 tip to tip. This was given as a challenge. About 3.5 in of reflex, a snake section, a roller-coaster section and a high crown... we will see how this goes!

-
 -

--------------------
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Keep yer stick on the ice.

Posts: 573 | From: Hawaii | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skeaterbait
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skeaterbait   Email skeaterbait   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guava makes a gorgeous bow, I will have to say I am a bit jealous.

--------------------
Sometimes I porpoise, sometimes I fishtail. Maybe I should get back in the boat.

Posts: 364 | From: Kearney, MO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice
keep us posted

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1862 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's gonna be fun. On some of those kind of bow you almost have to imagine good tiller. Looking forward to seeing your interpretation.
I've made a few guava bows. It makes a good bow.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13166 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©