Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » TD plans completed!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TD plans completed!!
Carpdaddy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpdaddy   Email Carpdaddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, And now I want one, not until after season though.

--------------------
Stumpshooting; Slinging sticks with sticks toward the origin of the sticks.

Posts: 554 | From: Corbin Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys you got to try this one if you build your own. Here is my second one. A sweet design.  -

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3124 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mike!!

I sure love mine, 4 deer and a bobcat last year with a prototype. This one shoots even better for me! Think I have my 3 piece longbow for life! [Smile]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11908 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Max
SPONSOR
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Max   Email Mad Max   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks awesome Stic

--------------------
"nothing ventured ,nothing gained"

Posts: 1796 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is good news - I just got the plans from Kenny. The build is going to have to wait until this winter though - not enough time now!

Stic - yours looks great.

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1469 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a great bow! I guess now I have my winter project.
Posts: 425 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I should say that the riser shape on mine is not Kennys shape. The pad angles are by the plan. I just happen to like my riser shape. Although I want to try the shape of the one on the left side of the plans.

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3124 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pditto613
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pditto613   Email pditto613   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenny on the kids bow you are considering try gluing up with 2" glass then ripping the blank down the middle. You end up about 7/8" at the fades. And you have 2 blanks for the effort of one glue up. I used a 10" riser and bows were the 48" to 50" that you are looking for.
Posts: 155 | From: palatka, fl | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a form an inch wide and split the glass with a utility knife. Haven't finished it yet, busy busy!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 11908 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a poor excuse boy.. [laughing]
Posts: 11157 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Best I got, ol boy!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©