Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Drilling jig for TD bows (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Drilling jig for TD bows
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm testing one of these jigs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jblqQX4F4ds

Ed was good enough to send me one to test and report after I try it. Wish I'd had it soon enough to use on the last 3 TDS , no fault of Ed's on that tho.

I'm impressed with it so far, all I've done is a mockup 2" wide with an awood block and a pair of maple 1x2s .

Here is data so far:

It came in closer than any jig I've used to date.

The drill holes were all the right sizes.

Ed has his own (I assume) insert system that used a 3/8" hole in limb that fits over a part of insert that comes out of riser and is 3/8" with a rounded beveled end on it so the bolt is rock solid.

[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Getting some pics in order as I have time.....

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12018 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, being made in USA and a very nice quality , Ed and I agreed there is not enough markup for me to carry them so I will just point folks to Ed to save them the markup and shipping I would have to make on them .

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

Posts: 12018 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skeaterbait
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skeaterbait   Email skeaterbait   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really does look like a good tool to have, someday I will be able to afford one.

Thanks for the review Kenny.

--------------------
Sometimes I porpoise, sometimes I fishtail. Maybe I should get back in the boat.

Posts: 362 | From: Kearney, MO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some of the inserts coming. No doubt it will be better than the Bingham one.

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3142 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoubleLung
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoubleLung   Email DoubleLung   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered that jig about a year and a half ago and it's worked great! I haven't had any issue. I may order some of those guide inserts to try out.
Posts: 182 | From: Washington | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunting badger
Member # 2351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunting badger   Author's Homepage   Email hunting badger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenny, I was impressed with the video too, so I emailed Ed on price etc. that was on August 16th, I haven't heard back from him. Do you have any idea what he is charging for the Jig?
Posts: 70 | From: Palmer, AK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice.
Posts: 11325 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skeaterbait
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skeaterbait   Email skeaterbait   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Badger, when I emailed Ed he said it's $155+S&H

--------------------
Sometimes I porpoise, sometimes I fishtail. Maybe I should get back in the boat.

Posts: 362 | From: Kearney, MO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hunting badger
Member # 2351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunting badger   Author's Homepage   Email hunting badger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, steaterbait!
Posts: 70 | From: Palmer, AK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Kendall
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Kendall   Email Jason Kendall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I emailed him too, no response yet. Is the email address on the video a good one?
Posts: 1857 | From: Iowa | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrushWolf
Contributor 2016
Member # 24340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrushWolf   Email BrushWolf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I've been using for sometime now. I think it's the easiest and best thing since sliced bread. The inserts with the 3/8 neck are the only way to go. Awesome product all the way around. I use to stumble all over the hole drilling process. Not anymore though. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Posts: 1313 | From: OHIO | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Kendall
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Kendall   Email Jason Kendall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He contacted me and gave me the info I requested and some nice pictures. I really like those inserts too!
Posts: 1857 | From: Iowa | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Is this it? This is from Ed in a Drilling jig thread down the page...

Sandboxacres1965@gmail.com

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

bowhntineverythingnh03743
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhntineverythingnh03743   Email bowhntineverythingnh03743   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the one that OMC had for sale? It looks exactly like the one I ordered from OMC a year ago.
Posts: 1204 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Could be Justin.

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©