Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » For a fellow tradgang'er (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: For a fellow tradgang'er
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy , I'm gonna say this before Roy gets out of bed. Didn't happen wifout video..... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11908 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice!

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1469 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ty_in_ND
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ty_in_ND   Email ty_in_ND   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done! It's great to see a fine specimen of beautiful domestic wood being used.

Is that cork you used between the limb and the riser? Also, did you glue it on after the pictures where the limbs are not attached to the riser or are they loose pieces?

--------------------
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Posts: 67 | From: Grand Forks, North Dakota | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
Contributor 2017
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is cork, and I did glue it to the limb butts after pic. I also noticed that it wasn't trimmed to fit in the pic!! Lol

--------------------
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 1959 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krasus
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krasus   Author's Homepage   Email Krasus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not s tack down man but that's a pretty bow. Great workmanship! ☺
Posts: 371 | From: Canada - Vancouver | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shredd
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shredd   Email Shredd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crittergetter:
quote:
Originally posted by Shredd:
Hot, Sharp and Sexy Bow... I hate to be the bummer guy but your accents are ending at a very high stress point in the riser...

Yes sir, that's one reason I back the riser with a piece of 1/16" g10. That gives a little piece of mind... just a little! Lol
I won't do that accent in a bow over 55# at any given length just to be on the safe side.
I did a mock up riser just like it with some old walnut I had laying around and I hung it from a rafter by the throat of the grip and I was able to hang my whole body weight from it, (225#) . I even did a pull up!! Just 1! [laughing]

I getcha, Bro... It is a sweet looking bow... Now do me and Kenny a favor and put it up on the tree at 28""... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 252 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
Contributor 2017
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Already mailed it off yesterday morning. I'll get Ryan to do us a full draw!

--------------------
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 1959 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ty_in_ND
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ty_in_ND   Email ty_in_ND   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crittergetter:
Yes it is cork, and I did glue it to the limb butts after pic. I also noticed that it wasn't trimmed to fit in the pic!! Lol

Thanks for the answer! I had a suspicion cork would work well. Hopefully you trimmed it before you shipped it out!

--------------------
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Posts: 67 | From: Grand Forks, North Dakota | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrushWolf
Contributor 2016
Member # 24340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrushWolf   Email BrushWolf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great looking stick I really like that. I really love the horn work.

--------------------
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Posts: 1243 | From: OHIO | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©