Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » New Bow After The Broken One..... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Bow After The Broken One.....
BrushWolf
Contributor 2016
Member # 24340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrushWolf   Email BrushWolf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done

--------------------
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Posts: 1243 | From: OHIO | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shredd
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shredd   Email Shredd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by arachnid:
quote:
Originally posted by Shredd:
It means, new challenges, complications and learning experiences will always arise... [Smile]

Well, that's reassuring...
I hope the "new challenes" won't arise soon..... [Big Grin]

By the way, what do you guy do as "quality control"? How do you make sure your bow is all good to go?

That's the funny part. You never know when they will arise... [Razz]

Quality Control?? Just shoot the crap out of it and hope she shoots straight, fast and holds together... [thumbsup] [biglaugh]

Posts: 252 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arachnid
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arachnid   Email arachnid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arachnid:
quote:
It means, new challenges, complications and learning experiences will always arise... [Smile]

Well, that's reassuring...
I hope the "new challenes" won't arise soon..... [Big Grin]

By the way, what do you guy do as "quality control"? How do you make sure your bow is all good to go?

That's the funny part. You never know when they will arise... [Razz]

Quality Control?? Just shoot the crap out of it and hope she shoots straight, fast and holds together... [thumbsup] [biglaugh]

I`m talking about the guys that make and sell bows. Besides have A LOT of bows under there belt, is there some kind of quality control that they use?
Posts: 210 | From: Israel | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I`m talking about the guys that make and sell bows. Besides have A LOT of bows under there belt, is there some kind of quality control that they use?
The guys that have made lots of bows and are selling them probably have less QC as far as durability and functionality than the guy only making a few bows. They already have a proven design and building technique. Their QC is probably more fit and finish related.

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 678 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arachnid
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arachnid   Email arachnid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here`s a short video of a few test shots...
https://www.facebook.com/dor.arts.7/videos/1447420862014300/

Posts: 210 | From: Israel | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you have a good one.

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3124 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arachnid
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45147

The bow came out way heavier the I intended, 55#. So I had to narrow the limbs, check it for a while and then narrow them some more. It finally settled at 47#@28" which is at the higher side of my comfortable draw weight (I'm used to shoot 45#). But I really lime the way it turned out.
Carpdaddy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpdaddy   Email Carpdaddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did good!

--------------------
Stumpshooting; Slinging sticks with sticks toward the origin of the sticks.

Posts: 554 | From: Corbin Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©