Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Arrow Shelf hieght

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arrow Shelf hieght
Wolftrail
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41211

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Wolftrail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do you guys normally put your arrow shelf at on a Wooden bow.? I do it at 1 1/4" above center. Is a center shelf ok..? If the lower limb is shorter where would it be best to place an arrow shelf.? Is it better lower or higher.?

I know lots of questions.

Posts: 717 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I make my bows symmetrical with the center of the handle at the center of the bow. I grip the handle with mymiddle finger on this center line and mark the shelf at the top of my bow hand.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13147 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Pat, and that makes the shelf 2 inches above center, Just as I do.
Posts: 11257 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's about 1 1/2" to 2" on my bows. Small hands, ya know. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13147 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Tsoukalas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 92

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Tsoukalas   Author's Homepage   Email George Tsoukalas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.25 in above center but that is not written in stone. Depends on how the tiller looks in relation to the weight I want. Jawge
Posts: 4859 | From: NH | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolftrail
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolftrail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pat B:
I think it's about 1 1/2" to 2" on my bows. Small hands, ya know. [Big Grin]

Thanks for the tip first time I heard that one. I tried it and it ends up at about 1 1/4" proud.
You know what they say about guys with small feet.
[bigsmyl]

Posts: 717 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©