Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Bow form hardware

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bow form hardware
skeaterbait
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skeaterbait   Email skeaterbait   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I am no master of forward thinking or planning ahead so I am hoping someone can help me out this morning.

I am going to be making some bow form hardware and will be stopping by the metal shop for materials on the way home. Since I didn't take a look at the plans before I left this morning I am a bit unequipped with measurements. I remember that the bar stock needs to be 3/16"x 1" but I can't remember how long each piece needs to be.

Can anyone help me out?

--------------------
Sometimes I porpoise, sometimes I fishtail. Maybe I should get back in the boat.

Posts: 376 | From: Kearney, MO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get the foundation anchors at HD. at least I think that's what they are called.

All drilled and ready to use. Cutting and drilling the barstock is a PIB.

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3011 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skeaterbait
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skeaterbait   Email skeaterbait   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will have to look in to that. Thank you.

--------------------
Sometimes I porpoise, sometimes I fishtail. Maybe I should get back in the boat.

Posts: 376 | From: Kearney, MO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some being made right now. Should have them in a week or so.

9" with 2 - 3/8" holes at one end, and a 1/2" at other. 1/4" x 1" stock

Some with or some without handle on bolt....

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12068 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skeaterbait
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9472

Thank you Kenny. I am cranking out 8 of them myself. If I keep making bow forms the way I am I suppose I will have to build a bow someday.

--------------------

Shredd
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shredd   Email Shredd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is Lowes that have 10" straps with about 3/8" holes... I drill them out to 9/16" and use 1/2" bolts... Home Depot has them but the holes are off-set...
Posts: 286 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robertfishes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robertfishes   Email Robertfishes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using "mending plates" from the hardware store. I think they are 3/16" thick x 1" wide x 10" long. They are pre drilled but I drill them out to 3/8" on my drill press. 3/8" works but 1/2" holes and bolts would be better though..
Posts: 3636 | From: Ocala , Florida | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©