Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Need plans for a short backpack bow... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Need plans for a short backpack bow...
Brock
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Robertson Stykbow Wolfer is 58" but uses bow bolt...and I was able to easily break apart and stick it in side pocket of my pack and strap in place for a 4 mile hike out after shooting my bear in Canada. Very compact and solid design. He also now has a CoyWolf which is the same riser setup with more of a hybrid longbow limb design.

He is developing something that will pack even smaller too.....he hinted around to on the TradQuest Pod Cast he just did.

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1774 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YosemiteSam
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YosemiteSam   Email YosemiteSam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be chasing a unicorn. 48-50" are recurve dimensions. Longbows of that length are short-draw bows (paddle bows). String angles are pretty wide at those dimensions, which creates stacking and extra stress on the materials (inducing set). If you want to short-draw, then you're good to go with a longbow design. But if you're drawing somewhere in the 26"+ range, you're going to need a longer bow. Or, make your peace with the recurve.

Where abouts are you packing in Israel? Up in Yehudian NP? Most of what I remember was pretty rocky for stump shooting -- except up north.

--------------------
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Posts: 622 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©