Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Best place to buy elk sinew for backing hickory bow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best place to buy elk sinew for backing hickory bow
vampire
Member # 23367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vampire   Email vampire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is the most dependable place to purchase elk sinew for backing a hickory bow?
Posts: 38 | From: Thomson, Georgia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy
Member # 1689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy   Email Randy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I buy most of my sinew from Moscow Hide & Fur. I know 3 Rivers also sells it.
Posts: 57 | From: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yellowwood
Member # 46790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellowwood   Email Yellowwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
+1 Moscow hide & fur !
Posts: 25 | From: Illinois | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Krewson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Krewson   Email Eric Krewson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a lady that came on here briefly that skinned deer and elk for a living and had tons of sinew for sale. She was an authentic counterculture subsistence type of person.

She posted a link to her website which was a no no for a non paying member and subsequently drifted off.

I found it; her name is Harmony Cronin, google it.

Posts: 4125 | From: Florence Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainman
Contributor 2017
Member # 1185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rainman   Email rainman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to a local deer processor and you can probably get as many deer legs as you want, to process your own sinew. Last time I went to my butcher for this I got 75 back legs. Took about 1 hour for 2 guys to process.

--------------------
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Posts: 963 | From: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
SPONSOR
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Echo Archery

--------------------
www.primaltechbows.com
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2033 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vampire
Member # 23367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vampire   Email vampire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys you are a big help.
Posts: 38 | From: Thomson, Georgia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fujimo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fujimo   Email fujimo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if i may ask, why the sinew for a hickory bow.
is the back violated. hickory is very strong tension wood , as you know. are you not concerned about the sinew really overpowering the belly?
just curious [Smile]
cheers mate!

Posts: 3230 | From: Queen Charlotte Islands, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©