Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » Did I got the whole "tapre rate" right? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Did I got the whole "tapre rate" right?
LittleBen
Contributor 2013
Member # 21858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleBen   Email LittleBen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roy from Pa:
That's what I do, Ben. Got a couple different taper patterns from ole KennyM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrndKbkip_0

Yeah I need to make one eventually. I've got enough lams to keep me going for a while.
I've tried to make make taper sleds a few times and it's nearly impossible to get the kind of accuracy you would get from Kenny.

Posts: 2984 | From: Albany, NY | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesV
Contributor 2013
Member # 23743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesV   Email JamesV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easiest way for you, using the equipment you have would be to use two finished boards and use shims between them to get your taper rate. I would put the shims 10" apart, .030 at ten inches, .060 at twenty inches and .090 at thirty inches.

James

--------------------
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Posts: 2069 | From: Rolling Fork, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikkekeswick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikkekeswick   Email mikkekeswick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can make you one that will be perfect, i'm in England so postage might be cheaper?
The best way is to make a parallel with a stop and simply put a tapered lam on top.

Posts: 939 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arachnid
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arachnid   Email arachnid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mikkekeswick:
I can make you one that will be perfect, i'm in England so postage might be cheaper?
The best way is to make a parallel with a stop and simply put a tapered lam on top.

Mike, I'd love it if you could check how much is shipping from England to Israel.
Posts: 274 | From: Israel | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©