Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » More flat bow tiller check please. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: More flat bow tiller check please.
Wolftrail
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolftrail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks from here. Make sure you exercise it fully. Had to many break on me lucky my face was not mince meat.
Posts: 775 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just above mid limb on the top looks a little stiff for about 8" then a slight bend before the tip.
The upper fade could bend a bit more too.
You're getting close. Have you shot it yet. If not, do so. Put about 10 arrows through her then check full draw again.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13316 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Malone   Email John Malone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gonna try tomorrow Pat, Its cold out there. Real cold.

--------------------
If I'm breathing, I have nothing to complain about.

Posts: 265 | From: Richmond County North Carolina | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The right limb area outside of the fade looks a tad stiff where the flat line is. Where the arrow is looks a little weaker. Then stiff out past that. I would work above and below that arrow, not touching the arrow area at all. Just a few scrape's then sand then exercise.

Do you have a gizmo? They do not lie.

-

Posts: 11555 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Malone   Email John Malone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see it this morning. Yes I have a gizmo, going to modify it today with a better pencil adjustment on there. Some how it went sailing across the shop last night. When things start magically flying around I know its time to stop.

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Richmond County North Carolina | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Hah!!!!I figured that out. I like it. But I know darn well Hank didn't do it this away. Thanks for the inspiration Roy. An NC hillbilly cant get showed up by one from PA. lol

-

--------------------

Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have been healed.. [Smile]
Posts: 11555 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

I hate window 10! they changed it all up. Kinda of reminds me of when beer company's switched to all twist off tops.

--------------------

John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Modified gizmo. Its a prototype, still the exact same thing just a better pencil adjustment. The other was tight but I swear I could feel it move most likely my imagination. If I like it I have an idea for installing a tiny ruler for adjusting in 1/64 increments. Not necessary I know but neither is a 300 blackout for coyote hunting but hey why not!
 -

--------------------

John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

I give up for now, down to 49.7 pounds @28.
 -

--------------------

Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Looks nice, gizmo too.
John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

I put ten arrows through it this morning as Pat recommended then a few dozen more this evening. The windage is good hits pretty much were I'm looking at 12yrds or so. However I do not like the way it shoots. It draws good but it feels clunky on release if that makes sense. Hand shock isn't to bad. I went parallel to midlimb maybe a tad passed. Ill shoot it some more and see. Working on a new one and the taper starts 6 inches out going to see how that shoots and maybe come back to this one and do some modifications. In your guys experience is that normal for this type of bow. Pat I know your build along is similar just curios. Probably the bowyer not sure. Going to break down and buy a long bow so I will have some comparison.
Thanks guys.

--------------------

John Malone
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46247

Some times I speak to soon. I cranked the brace height up to 7 inches swapped to a heavier arrow seems much better. Cant say she's fantastic but not bad imo. Put at least 200 arrows through it today checked and it was 47.8 pounds at 28 so. The cool part is the set, it had one inch to start now its lil over two much better than the last few wich started flat and ended up well over two inches. On to the next one.
 -
 -

--------------------

Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good John.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13316 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©