Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » retrofitting t/d limbs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: retrofitting t/d limbs
Daz
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daz   Email Daz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a three piece t/d riser from one bowyer i absolutely love, and a set of limbs from another bowyer that are perfect in smoothness and performance.
Everything seems to align, except the bolt holes are off by 1/8" when i put the limbs on the riser.

Is there a way to redrill and perhaps use a flush insert in the limb to make it come together?

--------------------
Less anger, more troubleshooting...

Posts: 437 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
SPONSOR
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it a 2 pin alignment or one?
If it's 2 pins and everything lines up good you can just drill the bolt hole bigger.
But I would expect the bow to act diifferently if the riser length and pad angles are not exactly the same

--------------------
www.primaltechbows.com
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2060 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daz
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daz   Email Daz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a single pin alignment, but by my measurements centerline is identical for both bolt holes.

Are there general guidelines for changes to bow behaviours based on pad angles and riser lengths (the risers are within 1/2" of each other)?

--------------------

Posts: 437 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trux Turning
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trux Turning   Email Trux Turning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd fill the pin hole on the limb and then redrill to align with the riser set up. The pin hole in the limb can be plugged with a dowel.
Posts: 1822 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trux Turning:
I'd fill the pin hole on the limb and then redrill to align with the riser set up. The pin hole in the limb can be plugged with a dowel.

This would be the easiest I think.... lining the limbs up may be a challenge tho.

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12197 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesV
Contributor 2013
Member # 23743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesV   Email JamesV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using a good drill press, you could re-drill the limb and install a metal insert or sleeve to make it look "factory". Using a wood dowel would be easiest.

James

--------------------
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Posts: 2069 | From: Rolling Fork, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crooked Stic
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crooked Stic   Email Crooked Stic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what Trux said would be best. Plug the pin hole. bolt the limbs on there line them up and drill new pin holes thru limb and all and overlay to cover holes.

--------------------
High on Archery.

Posts: 3208 | From: Princeton IN. | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daz
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17422

Thanks for all of the feedback!
Now i just need a quiet afternoon with no distractions...

--------------------

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©