JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2009 » Hello, new member first post (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hello, new member first post
pharcher
Member # 21849

Icon 14 posted      Profile for pharcher   Email pharcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, been reading the forum for a bit and decided it was my kinda place so I decided to join. You seem like a great bunch. My name is Forrest, I am 34 and live in lynchburg va, I have been persuing game for the better part of 24 years. I went bow only 10 years ago and made the switch to a recurve 3 years ago and have never looked back! Here is a picture of my opening day bear, harvested in the George Washington National Forest. I am looking forward to getting his age back from the DGIF, it is estimated that he is 12-15 years old. We had to cut into his gum to get to the tooth to be removed it was so warn down.

<<<<<<Picture is too big,re-size and re-post>>>>>

[ November 12, 2009, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Guru ]

--------------------
I am the man that I am because I am loved, because I know the value of family, and Christ remains at the center of my life.
45# 66 model Bear Super Kodiak
45# Browning Cobra1
55# Hoyt Gamemaster

Posts: 30 | From: Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forrest, Welcome to TG It is a good place to spend some time. Nice bear....

Joe [campfire]

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4226 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
always89s boy
Cadet Member
Member # 14072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for always89s boy   Email always89s boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome forest
I live in Chesapeake but me and my dad do allot of hunting only 20 minutes from Lynchburg in Appomottox county.
Its good to no theres some more traditional bowman around those parts.

--------------------
Aim small, miss small

I dont miss i give warning shots

Posts: 289 | From: Southern VA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Surtees
Contributor 2010
Member # 1349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Surtees   Email Chris Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 8060 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GRAYBEARD
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GRAYBEARD   Email GRAYBEARD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WELCOME AND CONGRATS!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Posts: 4694 | From: NARBERTH, PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gatekeeper
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forrest,

Welcome to the Gang and congratulations on the bear. Let us know his age when you find out.

Looks like you've spent a good portion of your life in the outdoors. I look forward to reading more of you traditional hunting stories.

PS You will have to down size your picture or it will vanish. Big pictures take up too much space on the server "I think" anyway 640 pixels wide max. Go here for other rules http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=068767
You have found the best traditional hunting site on the web.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2410 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swp   Email swp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome and nice bear.

--------------------
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Posts: 2116 | From: Ozark, Missouri | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome and Congrats!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11831 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!
Posts: 2581 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pharcher
Member # 21849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pharcher   Email pharcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a pic of the bear, resized of course!  -

--------------------
I am the man that I am because I am loved, because I know the value of family, and Christ remains at the center of my life.
45# 66 model Bear Super Kodiak
45# Browning Cobra1
55# Hoyt Gamemaster

Posts: 30 | From: Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
SPONSOR
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome from Kentucky Forrest. Great bear.

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9058 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowhawk archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhawk archer   Email bowhawk archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome and congrats on the bear Forrest.
Posts: 491 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boone the Hunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 16988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boone the Hunter   Email Boone the Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
welcome and congrats on the bear as well

--------------------
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Posts: 435 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pacopperhead
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pacopperhead   Email pacopperhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
awesome
Posts: 488 | From: [south central]hanover,pa [pa/md line] | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
congrats on the bear..

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4226 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©