JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2009 » Slideshow of a Year in Outback Australia... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Slideshow of a Year in Outback Australia...
Ben Maher
Contributor 2017
Member # 5543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Maher   Email Ben Maher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Northern Ben
as always ...well done mate . great stuff . and well done to Dave on his sow ... good hog with a nice bow .
what now the rains have come ?
sambar hunting is the answer !!!

Southern Ben

--------------------
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Posts: 2667 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grayseas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grayseas   Email Grayseas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great slides looks like you had a lot of fun

--------------------
Eli
74 lb Shrew Safari
65 lb Fedora
62 lb Black Widow
60 lb Bamboo Viper
52 lb Bear Hunter TD

Posts: 193 | From: Bristol, Vermont | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rushlush
Contributor 2017
Member # 17859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rushlush   Email rushlush   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was great, thank you.
Posts: 1663 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic as always!!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6948 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Butler
Contributor 2016
Member # 7393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Butler   Email Rick Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 2314 | From: Swartz Creek & DeTour Village MI. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Man!!! That was awesome!!! Well done on all accounts Ben, just outstanding. Thanks for taking to time to put that together for us to enjoy!

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6942 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Surtees
Contributor 2010
Member # 1349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Surtees   Email Chris Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice Ben...thanks for sharing!
Posts: 8060 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boone the Hunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 16988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boone the Hunter   Email Boone the Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very cool, you hunt some animals that we definitely don't have around here.

--------------------
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Posts: 432 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you liked the slideshow, fellows. When I made it, I didn't think there would be anymore hunting opportunities for the year, but the rains seem to be just a little later. Today I was blessed with the taking of this boar (thread on PowWow with more details).

-

Cheers,

Ben

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a heck of a week - our most successful week of local bowhunting ever; today, Dave shot a beauty of a boar, which was his first with a traditional bow, again his 60# Tomahawk, cedar arrows and, this time, Tusker broadheads. There was rain at the station yesterday, so time really is running-out.

-

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bicster
Contributor 2014
Member # 15907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bicster   Email bicster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! What a great slideshow. I admire the disapline it takes to bring a camera everywhere and actually use it.
Bic

Posts: 550 | From: fayetteville, wv | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheech1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheech1   Email cheech1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper] great work ben one day i will learn how to do that on a computer.
gotta love slim dusty

Posts: 138 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luv2bowhunt
2017 Contributor
Member # 4943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luv2bowhunt   Author's Homepage   Email luv2bowhunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ben, what happens during the rainy season?? Does everything flood out and move the animals?

--------------------
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Posts: 1496 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
varmint101
Contributor 2017
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for varmint101   Email varmint101   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was pretty cool!

--------------------
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 2355 | From: Freetown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

G'day Kevin,

Yep, in the wet season, the entire northern quarter of Australia turns into a lush, green swampland. All the rivers and creeks are full, and sometimes struggle to dump the excess water into the ocean (that's when we get floods). Any minor depression or valley becomes a water course. Because of this, the animals are able to scatter. The pigs are continually travelling during this time, with no boundaries or territory or pattern, and it is unlikely that they'll visit the same place twice. Usually we only see there tracks, although very, very occasionally, we bump into one. More often than not, it is as though the pigs don't exist, except for the damage they leave behind, digging the place up. Donkeys, thankfully, keep to more of a territory, even during the wet, which gives us motivation to venture out.

Cheers,

Ben

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©