JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2009 » LoweBow's 2009 year in pics. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LoweBow's 2009 year in pics.
LoweBow
Contributor 2012
Member # 17047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoweBow   Email LoweBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a busy year w/ an 11 year old, new school, football, and just trying to keep busy at work. My son Jared and I were able to take a few trips and make some memories.

Started the year at Lake Eerie in April.
Can't wait to go back.
If the Bowfin (Dogfish) had been officially weighted it was a new Ohio state record by like 5 oz. Shooting an old Ben Pearson 50# recurve w/ Synergy spin real 200# ff.
 -

Some HUGE carp fun had by all!
 -

Jared shoots a compound at the moment as his recurve won't give him the power needed for most fish we shoot.
 -
 -

The busy summer caused very few other trips to the water and football gave a horrible start to my September bowhunting.

Finally started running the cams hard and became familliar w/ the movings of a nice buck Jared had named X-Man because of an X he had across his shoulded during the early summer months.

Was Lucky enough to catch up w/ X man during my annual bowhunting vacation the 1st week of November. Couldn't be more tickled w/ this deer. Not only my best deer, but I've never had so much history w/ a deer having near 500 pics of him.
Shown in Pow Wow section earlier this year.
http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=080251

Absolutely smoked X-Man taking his heart out at around 8 yards. I sure didn't want to shoot any lower at that angle, but I dang sure wasn't gonna rookie it and shoot high.
Black Widow MA IV 53# @ 28" Axis FMJ 500, 125 4-blade Magnus Stinger.
 -

My favorite pic...blowing this one up for the office wall.
 -

Pretty much finishing my year was a doe taken from the same stand I took my buck.
Jared took 3 does w/ a Muzzle Loader, so we've got plenty of meat for the year.
Deffinately a "Quality" over "Quantity" for the Lowebow family this year.

-

--------------------
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Posts: 870 | From: KY | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kasey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kasey   Email kasey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a great year
Posts: 906 | From: sevier co,TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoweBow
Contributor 2012
Member # 17047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoweBow   Email LoweBow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------
MossyOak Pro Staff.

Posts: 870 | From: KY | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Well-done to you and your son!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LITTLEBIGMAN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LITTLEBIGMAN   Email LITTLEBIGMAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a great buck congrats!! what do you do with all those carp?

--------------------
Make a life, not a living

Posts: 2945 | From: Rugged SE Minnesota | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pitbull
Contributor 2014
Member # 18540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pitbull   Email pitbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome year, congrats! [thumbsup]
Posts: 1397 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoweBow
Contributor 2012
Member # 17047

Plum forgot about Jared's spring turkey...wow...where'd the year go??

--------------------
MossyOak Pro Staff.

split arrow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for split arrow   Email split arrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job! That is a beautiful buck.
Posts: 150 | From: Morden, Mb, Canada | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
SPONSOR
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great year Mike. You passed on deer for three seasons waiting for this year to come. A hard earned trophy no doubt great job.

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9058 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Fishell
Contributor 2007
Member # 10380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Fishell   Email Tim Fishell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks like a great year!! Congrats!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4790 | From: Holland Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradtusker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradtusker   Email tradtusker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a great year congrats to you!

--------------------
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Posts: 4140 | From: African in Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbetts
Contributor 2016
Member # 20318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbetts   Email kbetts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff. The fishing looks unreal.

--------------------
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away." Phish

Posts: 1843 | From: Milford Delaware | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse Minish
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse Minish   Email Jesse Minish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a great year! Congrats!
Posts: 1276 | From: Priest River, Idaho | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoweBow
Contributor 2012
Member # 17047

Had one other great out of town trip bowfishig down at KY Lake, but didn't take any pics.
The Lake Eerie trip was w/ my buddy Jake up in Ohio....after the amount of fish we saw/shot up there it has become a yearly event for me. It's incredible that time of year. We shot 1 night where we picked out the 15 + lb fish and wouldn't even shoot an arrow at the smaller ones.
The camp ground we stayed at dug a hole for us to bury them. They were great!

I'm sure I left out a few great hunts n trips, but thise surely was an abnormal year for me. Normally I try to be bowfishing at least 2 times a week...we really only went around 4 all summer due to high water and rain.
Refabricating the deck of my boat next month, so God willing we'll haul it to Eerie in April.

--------------------
MossyOak Pro Staff.

Gatekeeper
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper] Very nice buck and one heck of a pile of fish!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2410 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©