JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2009 » First season of traditional hunting-pics (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First season of traditional hunting-pics
bowhawk archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowhawk archer   Email bowhawk archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on a awesome season! [thumbsup]
Posts: 488 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinecone
Contributor 2007
Member # 1931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinecone   Email Pinecone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a wonderful and blessed first season! I hope you have many more that are equally memorable!

Claudia

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2260 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles suttles
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 16597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charles suttles   Author's Homepage   Email charles suttles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet that bow is a keeper too. Wish you many more.

charles

Posts: 312 | From: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gatekeeper
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] DUDE...WOW! [clapper]

Congratulations on a great season…but, but, but…you can’t post a picture of an awesome buck like that and go mute! [dntthnk]

Out with it. What date did you shoot him? How did the shot unfold? Where you in a tree or on the ground? Did you grunt him in or rattle him in? Or was it plane blind luck? Details man we need details!

Don’t make me rate you. [bigsmyl] Only kidding.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2409 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbow fanatic 1   Email longbow fanatic 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I posted the full story initially on the Pow Wow, but I will summarize it. I shot him Nov.10 @ 1:30 p.m.,at 8 yards from a tree stand, which was the first time I had hunted this stand all year. Before I shot him, I shot at a big doe and buried my arrow into a sapling behind her shoulder. She ran off and trailing her was a huge P&Y 10 pt. I couldn't get an arrow out of my cat quiver, so the 10 pt. walked right past my stand without a shot. I began grunting and turned around in the stand. To my surprise, this 12 pt. buck was standing 100 yards north of me. He heard my grunts and began walking toward my stand, eventually picking up the same trail the doe ran down moments earlier.I made a good shot on him as he paused ( due to a mouth bleat ) where the doe had been standing moments earlier. It was a perfect broadside shot, burying the Montec G5 into his ribcage almost to the fletchings.

As you can tell, there was a lot of luck involved in the taking of this buck!

Posts: 2608 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gatekeeper
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=080567;p=4

Great story! Thanks for sharing. He sure is a great looking buck.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2409 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbow fanatic 1   Email longbow fanatic 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for linking the Pow Wow story on this page. Happy New Year to all.
Posts: 2608 | From: Illinois | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thunder1
Contributor 2016
Member # 20958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thunder1   Author's Homepage   Email thunder1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a great start.

--------------------
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Posts: 908 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well-done!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Thanks, David & Ben.
Goke
2017 Contributor
Member # 13244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goke   Email Goke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on a fine season. Your welcome to come hunt with me in MT anytime so long as you bring some of that stickbow mojo with you. Great Job!
Posts: 912 | From: Montana | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Firstarrow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firstarrow   Author's Homepage   Email Firstarrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice buck! Congrats on the Turkey as well.

Any time it comes together, buck, doe, fins, feathers, foliage, or any fur it is good!

Goke - Montana is magic!!

--------------------
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Posts: 812 | From: Providence, Utah | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigStriper
Contributor 2015
Member # 16927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigStriper   Email BigStriper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow what a Great Buck,and Turkeys to,I also got a nice Buck last year which was my First year with a Traditional Bow,But it wasn't Near as Big as Yours.It sounds like you have a Great place to Hunt with all those Big Bucks running around,Thanks for the Story and Good Luck in the Future,

Kurt

Posts: 741 | From: Edwardsville,IL.62025 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Thanks guys. Goke, I hunted elk once in Montana. That was an incredible experience. Though I didn't shoot an elk, I had a great time chasing those critters up the mountains. I would love to hunt MT again sometime. As far as Stickbow Mojo goes...I wish I had some to bring with me. I have been hunting long enough to know that I had a lot of luck going for me on the day I killed that buck. I'll be hunting for a lot of years before I get a crack at another buck like that one.
longbow fanatic 1
2017 Contributor
Member # 18603

Kurt,

Congrats on your season last year. Any deer with trad gear is a trophy to me, no matter the size.

This buck was actually shot on a 40 acre piece of property, of which I have permission to hunt on 20 acres. I have only killed one other buck on this property in over 10 years, so it was a total surprise when this guy came by. The magic of the rut!

Best of luck in the future.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©