JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2009 » My First Deer! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My First Deer!
Rick Barbee
Member # 19315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Barbee         Edit/Delete Post 
Crimson snow.

Congrats.

Posts: 9 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragnarok Forge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragnarok Forge   Email Ragnarok Forge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Job! Keep it up.

--------------------
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone. It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Posts: 3246 | From: Vancouver, WA. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slivrslingr
Contributor 2014
Member # 16071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slivrslingr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic! [clapper]
Posts: 1162 | From: SoCal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAD JOE
Member # 18228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAD JOE   Author's Homepage   Email TRAD JOE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, great job!!
Posts: 55 | From: MEXICO | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ripforce56
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ripforce56   Email ripforce56   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats my kid, he just started hunting this year, he started shooting in the spring and got me back into it! We are both hooked! What a way to start! Proud Dad!

--------------------
BirchBark Rovers Custom Quivers
Bama Royal Expedition T/D #00027
Bama Tribute "All American" 50@28
Bama Royal Osage 45@28
Schramm Recurve 62in 46@28

Schramm 62in Recurve 46@28

Posts: 517 | From: Cheboygan Michigan | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ybuck
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ybuck   Email Ybuck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my hats off to you, congratulations!
Beautiful doe

--------------------
Steve.

Posts: 862 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on your first,Hopefully the first of many for you!!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6943 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gatekeeper
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! [clapper] Your smile says it all. Congratulations she is a beauty. Getting an arrow in flight and killing your prey from the ground amongst 20 deer is a feat…WOW! [Not Worthy]

Way to keep your cool. [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2409 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LimbLover
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LimbLover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. I was actually really surprised I reacted as calmly as I did because my adrenaline was absolutely JACKED.

I knew that if I didn't take a shot I would bounce from deer to deer, waiting for a better shot which could potentially lead to not taking one at all.

Surprisingly enough, my shot really didn't affect the rest of the herd. They went about their business after she ran off and I just crouched back down in the brush.

I had 3 tags, and actually did reload and shoot another (bigger) doe. I made a great shot at 15 yards. Unfortunately, she caught my movement, jumped the string, and quartered into it at the last possible second. I caught her high and on the shoulder at a bizarre angle. She hit the ground pretty hard, dislodged the arrow, and broke it off against the tree - which ultimately startled the rest of the herd.

I'm still really sick to my stomach about it. The thought of wounding an animal eats me up but there wasn't any blood. A little bit on the arrow but that was it. I tracked her for 6 hours and kicked her up several times. No blood in any of her beds and she was only limping slightly. Bounding fine, and continuing on with her normal activities.

She kept on coming back to investigate me but never in bow range. It was odd. She was a really curious deer but I was losing the light and had to take care of the first deer. I had been in the woods since 9 a.m. and I was absolutely freezing.

I'm going back out to that spot Monday. Hopefully we'll meet again.

--------------------
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
www.michiganlongbow.org

Posts: 732 | From: Belmont, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wile E. Coyote
2017 Contributor
Member # 745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wile E. Coyote   Email Wile E. Coyote   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on a fine first deer. Taking one from the ground using natural cover is something that many have been unable to do after years and years of trying. Very special there. Bet it beats all of your Christmas gifts combined....for a few years!!!

--------------------
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Posts: 627 | From: Pearl River LA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pcappy08
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pcappy08   Email pcappy08   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats...not a better feeling out there!!! [thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------
Great Northern Super Ghost
56" 60lbs @ 29"
Morrison Cheyenne
62lbs @ 29"

Posts: 315 | From: NJ | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
Contributor 2012
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After my first bow kill I think I lost three jobs. Fight the madness. Very impressive for a first kill hunt. We will be expecting some great things from you.

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9044 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
customcrester
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for customcrester   Email customcrester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the brotherhood! your life will never be the same again.just don't let your passion turn into an obsession.Keep a balance in your life and enjoy every moment in the woods.GREAT JOB! [thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------
"As long as the arrows still in the air there's hope"

Posts: 351 | From: Perkasie,Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pac'em out
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pac'em out   Email Pac'em out   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job. Congrats!
Posts: 236 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©