JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Gang and Computers » Posting Pictures - A simple alternative (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Posting Pictures - A simple alternative
Braveheart Archery
SPONSOR
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Braveheart Archery   Author's Homepage   Email Braveheart Archery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This link is for forum photo postings only and is MUCH simpler than messing with photobucket.

Simply click the link, upload your photo, highlight and copy the entire "forums" address bar and then paste into Trad Gang's "Image" box.

http://www.imagelinky.com/

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

This also allows many users who have photobucket blocked by "Big Brother" at work to see pictures posted here.

Hope this helps, Tim

--------------------
Braveheart Archery www.braveheartarchery.us
The web home of Firefly Bows.
Shipping rates start at just $2.99!
Trad Gang Sponsor since 2006

Posts: 3017 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kurtbel5
Contributor 2014
Member # 12461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kurtbel5   Email kurtbel5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOLY SMOKES
[bigsmyl]
Thank You, My photobucket is full of family pics.
Now I can post my bow pics [clapper] [clapper]

Posts: 1227 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frenchy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frenchy   Email Frenchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent advice.
I had the same problem with photobucket.
I cannot thank you enough

Posts: 145 | From: France. 300 kilometers east of Paris | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2-BIG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2-BIG   Email 2-BIG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim, how do I re-size my picture to fit the tradgang rules. I did a test pic and it was huge and I am not sure how to fix it? Thanks!
JIM

--------------------
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 2308 | From: Fowler, Michigan | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kurtbel5
Contributor 2014
Member # 12461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kurtbel5   Email kurtbel5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL now your stuck trying to help us photo challenged brothers

I copied the forum link but only got the code to show on the post??

Thanks for helping
Kurt

Posts: 1227 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Braveheart Archery
SPONSOR
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Braveheart Archery   Author's Homepage   Email Braveheart Archery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm no computer whiz, which is why I'm so high on this link. Very user friendly.

I'll try to help although the phrase the "blind leading the blind" comes to mind! [help]

JIM (2-Big) to resize your picture, open it on your computer using "Paint" (right click on the picture, then select "Open with" then select Paint) which is a standard program you'll find on any Windows version I know of. When your picture is open with Paint, select top tool bar "Image" and then "Stretch/Skew" in the tool bar. A box will open that will let you resize the pic. Simply insert the percentages you want, instead of 100% put 35% in both boxes for example and your pictures will be much more manageable. Then save your re-sized pic so you can upload it to the link above for forum use.

kurtbel5, you need to copy the forum link address and then paste it in the box opened on Trad Gang when you click the "Image" box on the fully reply form. If you copied and pasted it straight onto your post it won't work. When posting pics I always use the Preview Post box to make sure I got it right.

I'm no techie but I hope this helps. Tim

--------------------

Posts: 3017 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.Sheppard
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D.Sheppard   Author's Homepage   Email D.Sheppard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Posts: 827 | From: Fallston , Maryland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Sonagun...if you just paste it into the post, you don't get the IMG stuff on either side...
Cool!

I wonder how long they keep the link up.
Killdeer [bigsmyl]

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15436 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Sweet Thanks!!!

Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I'm a little slow, needed it twice [Big Grin]

I think I have it now!!! [smileystooges]

The first picture I did in Paint. The second was already resized to the correct size in my pictures file. [thumbsup]

Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MikeW
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeW   Author's Homepage   Email MikeW       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Testing Testing 1 2 3
 -

--------------------
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Posts: 1823 | From: Escondido,CA. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WIND WALKER
Contributor 2015
Member # 17929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIND WALKER   Author's Homepage   Email WIND WALKER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pic too big...no more than 640 wide.

T

[ February 16, 2009, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
I DO NOT HUNT TO KILL, I KILL BECAUSE I HUNT. ROGER ROTHHAAR.

Posts: 215 | From: CLINTON OH | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WIND WALKER
Contributor 2015
Member # 17929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIND WALKER   Author's Homepage   Email WIND WALKER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OKAY. So I am trying to find out how to add your own image under your userneame. you can tell I'm new to this or I would have not just posted a full size pic of my son in your discussion. Sorry about that.

--------------------
I DO NOT HUNT TO KILL, I KILL BECAUSE I HUNT. ROGER ROTHHAAR.

Posts: 215 | From: CLINTON OH | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Email me the pic you want to use as your avatar.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30325 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Braveheart Archery
SPONSOR
Member # 1289

quote:
Originally posted by Killdeer:
 -

Sonagun...if you just paste it into the post, you don't get the IMG stuff on either side...
Cool!

I wonder how long they keep the link up.
Killdeer [bigsmyl]

You are clearly smarter than I am. [knothead]

I will have to try that.

Tim

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©