JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Gang and Computers » Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I'm on Tradgang some random words appear in blue. When I put my mouse over them they show some kind of advertisement.

I don't think it's a Tradgang.com issue but something that has slipped into my computer.

Any suggestions on how I find and root this little annoyance out?

Thank you!

God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12024 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
howdy,

that's a definite browser issue. sometimes when yer surfing around the net a site will automatically update your browser with an 'add on' app or extension, or you may unknowingly do it yerself. if yer using firefox (and you should!) go to 'tools', 'add ons' and either clear them all out or look for one that creates 'text hyper links'.

regards,
rob.

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10044 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnnyWayne
Contributor 2014
Member # 29314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnnyWayne   Email JohnnyWayne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy, go here and install this, the free one:

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Then run a quick scan and remove all it finds then a deep scan. That should clear you up pretty good if it's malware.

Feel free to post the results of the scans here if you are uncomfortable removing them and I can review them first.

[Smile]

--------------------
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 1239 | From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©