JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Gang and Computers » Tradgang App? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tradgang App?
Jhawk
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 35228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jhawk   Email Jhawk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a techie guy and don't know what it takes to create an mobile app. With all our members out there I am sure there are some who could create this fairly easily. I use my phone quite a bit and personally would love to see a Tradgang app. Who else would use it if there was one available?
Posts: 142 | From: KS | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shane C
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shane C   Email Shane C   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That, or there's others forums out there that use tappatalk or something like that. It's a paid app, but that would be fine. I'm not sure what the cost to Tradgang would be though.

--------------------
Wes Wallace Mentor 60" 64@31
Wes Wallace Mentor 64" 50@28
Brush Creek Bows 3-piece longbow 64" 48@28

PBS associate

Posts: 425 | From: Toledo, Ohio | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bulldog18
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bulldog18   Email bulldog18   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tapatalk is also available in a free app. If we had a mobile app, I would use it for sure.

--------------------
Kansas Bowhunters Association

Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
Bamabows Elite Classic 64" 50@28
Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
Bamabows Expedition III 60" 48@28

Posts: 705 | From: Independence, Ks | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnsie
Contributor 2017
Member # 150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Burnsie   Email Burnsie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What content/functionality do you envision the app having?
You can already get on the Tradgang web site via your mobile device.

Hunting games?
Weather check?
Something like Twitter, but where members would put out short blurps on what they are doing archery/hunting-wise??
Just wondering, what would the app do.

--------------------
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Posts: 2831 | From: Mahomet, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul_R
Contributor 2014
Member # 39640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul_R   Email Paul_R   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find that "sent using tapatalk" tag line to be completely obnoxious and I find most forum apps to be useless with a decent smart phone. My opinion....for what it's worth...

--------------------
"My opinion is free and worth every penny"

Posts: 571 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhawk
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 35228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jhawk   Email Jhawk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The apps I like are the ones that are just an abbreviated portion of the website. I would like to be able to just click on the app and have it take me to the main forum page. Not a whole lot different that searching the using your web browser, just easier.
Posts: 142 | From: KS | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pukwana
Contributor 2014
Member # 37573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pukwana   Email pukwana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also think a tradgang app would be awesome. Easier navigation and should be easier posting pics, wouldnt have to mess with photobucket.
Posts: 122 | From: Jamestown North Dakota | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradarcher816
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradarcher816   Email tradarcher816   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just added this homepage to my iPhone home screen it takes me straight here

--------------------
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

"The government never gave anybody anything." John Wayne

Posts: 465 | From: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOWMARKS
Contributor 2016
Member # 12754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOWMARKS   Email BOWMARKS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tradarcher816:

I have had this on my phone for quite some time also,what's the big deal?? [dunno] [dunno]

--------------------
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 2550 | From: Erie,Pa. | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shane C
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shane C   Email Shane C   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not that it's hard to access it on a mobile device, it would just be a lot easier with an app

--------------------
Wes Wallace Mentor 60" 64@31
Wes Wallace Mentor 64" 50@28
Brush Creek Bows 3-piece longbow 64" 48@28

PBS associate

Posts: 425 | From: Toledo, Ohio | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rraming
Contributor 2016
Member # 19822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rraming   Email rraming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The irony of this thread is killing me! I can't stop laughing about it- really!
Posts: 1606 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tradarcher816:

That's what I did too!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11671 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as already mentioned, smartphones have browsers and that's the path to trad gang via those devices. i see no need for an "app" - what can it do that a browser can't do? your browser IS you app for accessing trad gang on any device that accesses the web.

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10032 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimmy Fishbone17
Member # 41322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimmy Fishbone17   Email Jimmy Fishbone17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love for trad gang to have an app. I cant get pictures of my recurve that I have questions about to go to the website. I have an iphone and people are asking me to post pics but im not sure how.

--------------------
Jimmy Fishbone

Posts: 6 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you don't need an "app", no one needs an "app" - you need to use a free web archive image service like www.imgur.com and use it to post images anywhere on the web, including trad gang ...

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=129;t=000254

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10032 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©