JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Gang and Computers » photobucket down? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: photobucket down?
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i see lots of pics not working......

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2352 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bldtrailer
Contributor 2014
Member # 23304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bldtrailer   Email Bldtrailer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photo bucket [banghead] will not host 3rd party photo posting such as here without a costly upgrade(blackmail) I just deleted my entire account. Please suggest another way to post photos here>>>--->

--------------------
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
Wounded Warriors

Posts: 1272 | From: PA I"m free | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Krewson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Krewson   Email Eric Krewson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They will unlock your account for a $400 year "subscription" upgrade.

It was a good service but I suspect this move will be their death mell.

I have done so many picture tutorials with photobucket it will be impossible for me to shift thousands of pictures to another hosting service.

Deep down I suspect this move is a glitch in the system and everything will come back in time.

Posts: 4097 | From: Florence Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hermon
Contributor 2017
Member # 26115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hermon   Email Hermon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imgur works much better than Photobucket IMO. If you just want to post a pic from your phone then the Fastpic app is easy.
Posts: 2667 | From: Spring Hill, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
Contributor 2017 - Moderator
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Second the Imgur! Works well every time. I posted a "how-to" here that ran for a bit. I'll try to locate it bring it up to the top...

I also did a how-to on the FastPic app but it disappeared.... [dunno]

Posts: 2187 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2017
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can't we post directly from our computer picture files like on the other site? So much simpler. Photobucket got to the point of being nearly impossible to use some time back. Tony, I tried to set up an account on imgur and couldn't get it done. Don't know why.....maybe I'm not tech savvy enough. [Confused]
Posts: 4082 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, I don't know why either. I did have one brother recently tell me that he had trouble but found out he needed to register to get it done.

Now, for us old guys, answering four questions can be a bit daunting but keep trying...eventually you'll hit the right key. [Razz]

Posts: 2187 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bldtrailer
Contributor 2014
Member # 23304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bldtrailer   Email Bldtrailer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Testing post Imgur

-

--------------------
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
Wounded Warriors

Posts: 1272 | From: PA I"m free | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
Member # 137

You Got It!
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've lost over 100 pages of pics from Photobucket. I'm not going to give into their ransom to recover them. Also, my laptop crashed last week so I've lost all of my pics all together.
Unfortunately all the pics I've posted here on Trad Gang and on Primitive Archer are gone and won't be available on either site anymore. I don't have a smartphone and work off of my home PC or work laptop(new as of 2 days ago) so I'll have to figure out how to resize the pics and post them directly to my favorite sites.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13117 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bldtrailer
Contributor 2014
Member # 23304

-
test 2

--------------------
Bringing Archery to
Wounded Warriors

Bldtrailer
Contributor 2014
Member # 23304

Takes a little getting use [help] to but this might work [bigsmyl] and so far no disgusting [readit] popup adds  -
Thank you >>>-->

--------------------
Bringing Archery to
Wounded Warriors

monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think PB realized that they had to spend some dough to upgrade their capacity OR get rid of the non paying accounts. OTOH, their advertising rates depend on views so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Was PB recently bought out?

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2902 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2017
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I read on their new rules, they have different levels of "pay-to-play" depending on how much data space you want to buy. The $400 per year was the top level.
Posts: 4082 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They offered a free option so IMO they should stand by that or at least give notice of the change.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13117 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©