JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Gang and Computers » photobucket down? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: photobucket down?
Basinboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basinboy   Email Basinboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sucks! Now all the pics we ever posted are gone! I'm not paying them a dime.

--------------------
Palmer Longbow 47#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 52@26" 58" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 46#@26" 60" amo

Posts: 1248 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
centaur
Contributor 2015
Member # 14053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for centaur   Email centaur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they think that I am paying them $400 a year (!) to use their 'service', then they are sadly mistaken. The only thing I use PB for is to post pics to TG; They can rob somebody else, not me. Certainly, there is a better way for TG to get pictures posted without having to pay tribute to a site that is wanting to get you to pay a king's ransom to use it.
The Wensels wrote a book some time back, and the title of it seems appropriate about now..."And the Horse You Rode In On".

--------------------
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Posts: 4042 | From: WY - East face of the Bighorns | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
Contributor 2017 - Moderator
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by centaur:
Certainly, there is a better way for TG to get pictures posted without having to pay tribute to a site that is wanting to get you to pay a king's ransom ...

There certainly is!....more than one.
Posts: 2169 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graps
Contributor 2017
Member # 39874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm baffled by this , all my Photobucket pics are working fine .
But I see others that have the message in place of the pics .
That doesn't make sense .

--------------------
"Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow. " Fred Bear
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:31

}}}}}=========€ >

Posts: 2205 | From: Sparta , Michigan | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guss
Contributor 2017
Member # 8991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guss   Email Guss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted pics last night and it worked fine.
Posts: 2254 | From: Batesville, Arkansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Krewson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Krewson   Email Eric Krewson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Test
 -

Dang, it is working again.

Posts: 4097 | From: Florence Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrushWolf
Contributor 2016
Member # 24340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrushWolf   Email BrushWolf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do I get a photo and not the code using a I phone with imgur

--------------------
Kids who hunt, trap, & fish don't mug little old ladies.

Posts: 1242 | From: OHIO | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basinboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basinboy   Email Basinboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BrushWolf:
How do I get a photo and not the code using a I phone with imgur

I loaded the Imgur app but could not get the code from it.
I had to open Imgur in my browser on my iPhone then I copied the BBcode and paste it in the post.

-

--------------------
Palmer Longbow 47#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 52@26" 58" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 46#@26" 60" amo

Posts: 1248 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Rowan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot even post pics from my phone anymore from photo bucket. Just upgraded to the Samsung S7 edge from my S5. with the S5 I just copied to the clipboard on my phone then held down on the post on TG on my phone and clicked the link on the clipboard and the pic was posted. Now it just posts a link to photo bucket. Wish I could get all of my photos off photobucket and put them somewhere else.

--------------------
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993

Posts: 7870 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhnter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhnter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think if you are using an app along with photobucket is where there's a problem. Mine works fine with no app in conjunction. Many folks use a sizing app and there is the trouble.
Posts: 1053 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
Contributor 2017 - Moderator
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Basinboy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BrushWolf:
[qb] How do I get a photo and not the code using a I phone with imgur

I loaded the Imgur app but could not get the code from it.
I had to open Imgur in my browser on my iPhone then I copied the BBcode and paste it in the post.

Cool! [thumbsup] The Iphone folks should be happy. I know they were having troubles with apps I have been using. Could not help em as I do PC and Android only.

Posts: 2169 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
Contributor 2017
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be glad when TradGang upgrades happen and we can post direct from our computers, phones, IPads, whatever. Tell these third party photo storage sites to go pound sand.
Posts: 2148 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Woodpuppy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 46065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Woodpuppy   Email Woodpuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember, hosting pics costs money. If we can post pics directly to tradgang, then TG will bear the cost of storage and hosting, along with the bandwidth of viewing them.

--------------------
TBOF
Horse Creek Traditional Archey Club

Posts: 118 | From: Florida | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesV
Contributor 2013
Member # 23743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesV   Email JamesV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems that everyone wants to stick their hand in your pocket these days, Pay to play I say Bull. And whoever invented photobucket should have been shot in the AZZ with a roll of bobwire the very first day.

My 2 cents

James

--------------------
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Posts: 2022 | From: Rolling Fork, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
2017 Contributor
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Switching over to Imgur. Oh well. All my images were on CD and my desktop as well so it's just an annoyance.

Kind of a nuisance, though. I guess you get what you pay for.

--------------------
Charlie P. ~~ _/)~~ A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 3 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 2 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 3826 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©