JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Gang and Computers » Problems with search functions?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Problems with search functions?
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was trying to look up some old posts that I know keywords for, as well as some topics that I have recently posted, and I haven't been able find them, and my posting history is showing old posts. Just wondering if others are experiencing the same issues?
Posts: 5493 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
Contributor 2017 - Moderator
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just looked at your recent posts...there are two months (may and june) of your activity that fill my monitor.

Give me one example of your search criteria...I'll try to find it.

Posts: 2169 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are what pulls up for my history for comments and topics started.

-

-

Posts: 5493 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

And when I was looking for a certain picture, I entered a search for 'strong' from amar911 and it doesn't show a thread that I know exists, and it doesn't show up under his history either.
Tony Van Dort
Contributor 2017 - Moderator
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
perhaps it was deleted for some reason..or there is a misspelling, misplaced or missing letter or space. The search function is damn fussy.

If I search for "strong" i should be able to find it...as you are.

lets see...

Posts: 2169 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hermon
Contributor 2017
Member # 26115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hermon   Email Hermon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not working correctly for me either. When I look at my recent posts in my profile, I get a bunch of threads I didn't even participate in.
Posts: 2667 | From: Spring Hill, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add me to the list. I just check my profile and recent post and most of them show from 2010 and back??? [dunno]

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 3830 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

I am positive I was doing it correctly.
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we've had lots of issues with the trad gang forum software. i recently did a resync and that helped a bunch, things were back to normal. looks like they're screwed up yet again.

the system is coming down again for a resync that will hopefully fix the search engine.

we ARE in the loooong process of totally revamping trad gang - it will look different, work better, yet be the same.

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10028 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

Ok. I will keep checking on it. I figured it wasn't just me.

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©