JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Gang and Computers » Imgur and Apple (success!!) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Imgur and Apple (success!!)
tim roberts
Contributor 2017
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tim roberts   Email tim roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know how?
Thanks,

[ July 09, 2017, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Tony Van Dort ]

--------------------
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Posts: 1581 | From: Fort Benton, Montana | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fnshtr   Email fnshtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim,
I have an iPhone 7 and simply registered with Imgur by following the directions. Uploading from your phone is quick and easy. Copying the link to a series of pics is also simple and quick. I'm still learning, but if you have specific questions, I'll try to help.
Wayne Boone

--------------------
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Posts: 2612 | From: Rockport West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slowbowjoe
2017 Contributor
Member # 34976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slowbowjoe   Email slowbowjoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim, I just sent you a PM - Tony Van Dort's post on this forum (posting photos IMGUR) made all the difference for me, using an apple desktop. Not sure if you're using a phone though.

I don't know how to copy a link to it, but if you type in what's in parentheses above, if should come right up. On the listing of posts that comes up, it'll say "windows" as the last word, but it's about IMGUR and apple.

Posts: 1363 | From: VT | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
centaur
Contributor 2015
Member # 14053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for centaur   Email centaur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just registered and put up a photo on my Mac. Here's the result. Pretty easy.
 -

--------------------
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Posts: 4042 | From: WY - East face of the Bighorns | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
varmint101
Contributor 2017
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for varmint101   Email varmint101   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one sweet picture Centaur!

Like the others, for my iPad, I just setup a login, went to add images, used the browse function(but you can swipe it over as well it says), loaded it to imgur. Then you can click on the picture and it will give you all the codes you need on the side. copy and paste. I'll have to try it on my iPhone tomorrow.

--------------------
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 2343 | From: Freetown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
Contributor 2017 - Moderator
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome...
Posts: 2187 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
varmint101
Contributor 2017
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for varmint101   Email varmint101   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so for my iPhone using the app I can't find the links to copy, but if you click on the download box with the arrow you can copy the link and just add the [img] to the left and [/img] to the right

-

--------------------
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 2343 | From: Freetown, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meathead
2017 Contributor
Member # 5557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meathead   Email meathead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Looks like that worked for me. Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 1129 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yellow Dog
Contributor 2017
Member # 14221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow Dog   Email Yellow Dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's give this a try

https://imgur.com/a/1Kr6p

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2987 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yellow Dog
Contributor 2017
Member # 14221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow Dog   Email Yellow Dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need a little help. Working off my iPad, how do I get the picture to post and not the link?

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2987 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Dog:
Let's give this a try

https://imgur.com/a/1Kr6p

that's a link to a page that has an image on it, it's not a link to the image that's on the page. it's also a secure page image that needs fixing.

when you sign on to www.imgur.com, make SURE to FIRST go to "settings" and make your "Default Album Privacy" set to "Public" - after that it'll be clear sailing.

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Patriot Life ~ NRA RSO

Posts: 10032 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yellow Dog
Contributor 2017
Member # 14221

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Michael K Miller
Contributor 2017
Member # 34387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael K Miller   Email Michael K Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[img]https://imgur.com/a/XxiVM[\img]

that's not an image file, it doesn't have any extension such as .jpg

also, the ending IMG tag shows a backslash [\img] when it needs to be a forward slash [/img]

[ August 28, 2017, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Rob DiStefano ]

Posts: 114 | From: LA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedShaft
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedShaft   Email RedShaft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
test
 -

--------------------
Respect All...Fear None!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Posts: 1759 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedShaft
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedShaft   Email RedShaft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got it.
You have to use the BB code
Are they automatically sized correctly for the site?

--------------------
Respect All...Fear None!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Posts: 1759 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©