JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad Gang and Computers » Google Photos for sharing pics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Google Photos for sharing pics?
A. Kinslow
Contributor 2012
Member # 2262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A. Kinslow   Email A. Kinslow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to the transition to the new tradgang platform and hosting pics directly on tradgang.

In the meantime, does anyone have any thoughts/experience using google photos in place of photobucket? Any thoughts?

I know Imgur is recommended, but I'm afraid it could very likely close down due to the same profit issues other 3rd party hosting sites are dealing with. I'd rather not have to go through the process again if possible. Google might be less likely to have these issues due to its size.

--------------------
“In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." -- Baba Dioum

Posts: 610 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, IMGUR is the best bridge to our new system mostly because many of us have been using it for at least a few years.

From a moderator's point of view, using anything different than IMGUR now just muddies the water. Currently, I can quickly fix errant postings when something goes amiss with an image (a daily occurrence) mostly because I am familiar with IMGUR.

Posts: 2295 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonwilson   Email jonwilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Google Photos to save all of my pictures from my phone. I have images all the way back to my first iPhone in 2007. But I haven't found a way to embed those images from Google Photos into a website like this.

If you know a way, then I'd be happy to know!

--------------------
Digital Marketing for the outdoor industry (web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, etc.):
www.gen273.com

Posts: 139 | From: Carthage, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon,
Personally I have had no luck with my Android phone for managing image posting. There is a thread here in the "computers and TG" forum that suggests success with Iphone. I dunno..

I do know that soon enough, when Rob has finished with his metamorphosis, all of this will be moot. There will be direct posting to the TG server.

As I understand it, the goal is to rely on our own capability to host images...so that there will be no chance of blackmail or chance of lost images to the life's blood of TG hunting threads. Pics are pure gold here.

Rob can most likely answer your question re: Iphone image posting as it relates to the new process...

Posts: 2295 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonwilson   Email jonwilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posting directly to TradGang will be ideal of course! Can't wait.

--------------------
Digital Marketing for the outdoor industry (web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, etc.):
www.gen273.com

Posts: 139 | From: Carthage, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

quote:
Originally posted by jonwilson:
Posting directly to TradGang will be ideal of course! Can't wait.

Jon,
Yeah! Digital life here will be so much easier.

A. Kinslow
Contributor 2012
Member # 2262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A. Kinslow   Email A. Kinslow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played around a bit with Google Photo and it does not appear to support 3rd party sharing. Some have had some luck using google drive, but it does not appear to be a long-term fix.

I agree, the new upgrade will make this irrelevant. Kudos to the Trad Gang admin for making this happen.

--------------------
“In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." -- Baba Dioum

Posts: 610 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©