Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
Kustom King Traditional Archery

Click for the CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » State Trad Bowhunting Orgs » MINNESOTA - Traditional Bowhunters of Minnesota » Building Bows?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Building Bows?
The Gopher
Member # 8431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Gopher   Author's Homepage   Email The Gopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any Minnesotans building bows lately? Selfbows, laminate? just curious who all is out there building these days?

I've always got a couple going (slowly).

--------------------
"The future is, of all things, the thing least like eternity. It is the most temporal part of time, for the past is frozen and no longer flows, and the present is all lit up with eternal rays." ~C.S. Lewis

Posts: 351 | From: Eden Prairie, MN | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sota
Member # 43088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sota   Email Sota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm coming up to 5 years in trad archery and have really been feeling the itch to learn how to build self bows, any suggestions on where to start. Sorry to hijack the thread, really I just wanted to contribute to the MN forum😄

--------------------
62" Holm-Made Kingfisher
58" Hoyt Dorado

Posts: 19 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Gopher
Member # 8431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Gopher   Author's Homepage   Email The Gopher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's no better source than the bow building page on TradGang, if you're looking for some books, the traditional bowyers bibles are hard to beat. The best place to start is to jump in and give it a try. there's nothing wrong with starting on a board bow because when you screw it up you are only out a few bucks and you learn a lot about tillering.

--------------------
"The future is, of all things, the thing least like eternity. It is the most temporal part of time, for the past is frozen and no longer flows, and the present is all lit up with eternal rays." ~C.S. Lewis

Posts: 351 | From: Eden Prairie, MN | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©