JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2010 » First hunt, first stalk of the year 8/20/10 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: First hunt, first stalk of the year 8/20/10
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been crazy busy here on the ranch so the season was five days old before I was able to get out.

I was hunting on a friends place near Big Timber and spotted this guy bedded below a lone scrub pine tree on the highest point he could find in the area. Fortunately there was a convienient patch of sage that I was able to get between him and I. A quarter mile stalk ending in a 200 yard crawl put me within 20 yards of him. First time I've not blown it and was able to end it this early... [Wink]

Course he bailed off the mountain down into the sage filled canyon below. I about jellied my brain in the 90+ degree heat before I got him out. I didn't want to go all the way back to the truck so like an idiot I went after him without a water bottle or anything.

Still got a couple doe tags to fill then deer/elk opens Sept 4. Hope this is the start of a great season.
 -
Used my BBO longbow that Keith Deters made me, third goat with this baby. Arrow Dynamics carbon arrow with a 160gr Grizzly.

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8940 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice goat there bud, congratulations!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6928 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carcajou
Contributor 2017
Member # 1206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carcajou   Email Carcajou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug~

Youre killing me! Wow! What a nice buck and to kill him after a stalk, is, is, is, PRICELESS!

--------------------
" Brothers of the Flaming Arrow "
" I came in from the Wilderness, a creature void of form"
" TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 4362 | From: Tug Hill, NY | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragnarok Forge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragnarok Forge   Email Ragnarok Forge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is always awesome to take them on the ground. Good work!

--------------------
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone. It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Posts: 3246 | From: Vancouver, WA. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shinken
Contributor 2015
Member # 18740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shinken   Email Shinken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an *excellent* buck Doug and thanks for sharin' the hunt!

Good work on a stealthy approach and a great shot!

Hope the remainder of your 2010 huntin' season goes as well!

Shoot straight, Shinken

--------------------
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Posts: 3575 | From: Tri Cities Washington | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
East Coast archer
Contributor 2014
Member # 7042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Coast archer   Email East Coast archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug

Awesome, and I thought they were hard to get out of a blind!!

--------------------
"God gave you feet for a reason, so you can take a step forward and keep moving, even though it's hard, but you have to because the tides going to come in." TAC

Posts: 595 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DW
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DW   Author's Homepage   Email DW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Doug!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1486 | From: northeast alabama | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robtattoo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robtattoo   Author's Homepage   Email robtattoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper] Way to go Doug, fantastic trophy. Hope they're still around in October!

--------------------
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 5107 | From: Tullahoma, TN | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benjy
Contributor 2015
Member # 9320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benjy   Author's Homepage   Email Benjy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding!! Congrats!!

Benjy

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT 60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT 64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Posts: 2256 | From: Irmo, SC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful animal, Doug!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7094 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Denbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Denbow   Email Jack Denbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go buddy.
Jack

--------------------
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Posts: 1615 | From: Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ACEK9
Member # 24491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ACEK9   Email ACEK9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations......Nice One!

--------------------
Rich

Posts: 64 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Gerardi
Contributor 2014
Member # 11242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Gerardi   Email Mike Gerardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was that arra a black or wood grain dynamic?
By the way awsome job!!! [Not Worthy]

Posts: 2305 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckeye_hunter
Contributor 2012
Member # 9866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckeye_hunter   Email buckeye_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. When you told me you were out chasing goats, you didn't say you got one! I'll be sending those Grizzlies out Tuesday- maybe one of them will be lucky too!

Nice work! [clapper]

Posts: 3196 | From: Galion, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Surtees
Contributor 2010
Member # 1349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Surtees   Email Chris Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 8060 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©