JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2010 » NZ tahr with the stalker (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: NZ tahr with the stalker
slivrslingr
Contributor 2014
Member # 16071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slivrslingr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! What a fantastic trophy! Let hear the story now, eh? [thumbsup] [campfire]
Posts: 1162 | From: SoCal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broketooth
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broketooth   Email broketooth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know this is my 2nd post on this thread, i just watched a program on oln, i did not realize how difficult it is to hunt this type of animal. to take the trophy you took with trad gear is very impressive sir [Not Worthy]

--------------------
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Posts: 1560 | From: new bern,nc | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard those are some of the most weary of game....NICE JOB!!!~

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6927 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JEFF B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JEFF B   Email JEFF B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice one aussie!!!!!! hey ray they are in the SOUTH ISLAND along with the chamois which are another awesome animal to hunt and hard to get.

--------------------
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Posts: 9461 | From: Baylys Beach New Zealand | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Maher
Contributor 2017
Member # 5543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Maher   Email Ben Maher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good stuff mate !

--------------------
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Posts: 2667 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice animal,congrats.I love to hunt goat and sheep because they are more active at daylight.

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9107 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozzyshane
Contributor 2016
Member # 24003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozzyshane   Email ozzyshane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys they are very smart animals when they are hunted on public land like we hunted them no so hard on low private land a dif animal all to gether ...

We hunted them late in the year because they tend to hang in the bush a lot more..

I got him on the 3rd day at about 15m with a stalker curve 50@27 hit him a little forward got a main arrtory from either the heart or lungs he only went about 60m to say i were happy would be an under statment ..

To be only hunting with trad gear for about 6months and to do this was beyond my expectations a lot of my mates through i where mad hunting Tahr with the curve as there has only been one other hunter from Australia to take one with trad gear ...this same guy has the mnt double that is Tahr and chamois..
Thanks Shane

Posts: 249 | From: australia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hightop_hunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hightop_hunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must be nice

congrats

Posts: 143 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slivrslingr
Contributor 2014
Member # 16071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slivrslingr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is SOOOO outstanding!! Again, congratulations!
Posts: 1162 | From: SoCal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boone the Hunter
Contributor 2017
Member # 16988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boone the Hunter   Email Boone the Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What on earth is a Tahr? never heard of one but it looks cool, congrats on an awesome hunt, NZ must be awesome!

--------------------
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Posts: 431 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amazonjim
Contributor 2017
Member # 19589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amazonjim   Email amazonjim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gonna do that one day, nice congrats
Posts: 783 | From: Caledonia, MS | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Margly
Contributor 2013
Member # 18615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Margly   Author's Homepage   Email Margly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations [thumbsup]

--------------------
With a healthy dose of madness and bad memory, life`s a wonderful journey [thumbsup]

-----------------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1585 | From: Norway | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kibok&ko
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kibok&ko   Email kibok&ko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a deal ! i'm impress congratulations !

--------------------
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Posts: 948 | From: France | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coaster500
Contributor 2015
Member # 19836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaster500   Email coaster500   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic Shane !!!

[clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Posts: 4773 | From: San Luis Obispo, California | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slivrslingr
Contributor 2014
Member # 16071

Here's some info on tahr for those interested:

http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/himalayan_tahr.htm

http://www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/tei-Bio12Tuat02-t1-body-d3.html

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©