JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2010 » A few for johnIII (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A few for johnIII
wayoutwest
Contributor 2015
Member # 12996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wayoutwest   Email wayoutwest   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went out for poke about on the weekend with the new BlackWidow i got off JohnIII her on tradgang its a PGA 60inch 56#@25 so about 60 at my 27inch draw.

I spent Saturday sitting around a mill with not much happening a couple of mobs came in but nothing worth while tryin for as tho owner only sells the billies. I thought the weekend was shot as the temp was really cool for this time of the year. I decided sunday morning i will get to the mill a little earlier than usual and see if my luck would change, easier said then done after knocking over a bottle of wild turkey with owners grandson.

5 o'clock seen me drag my hung over carcass out of my swag and into my camo, it was fairly cool when i arrived at the mill so i was a little worried that it would be another cool day but i held tight and watched as a young billy came screaming in and past the mill to park up under a fallen tree, a little strange i thought. After another hour or so a few mobs of nannies and kids came in but no billies of shootable size, until about 8:00 when a mob of 6 billies came in, the biggest of the mob i guessed about 30 inch si i decided to have a crack at him when he gave me a shot which he did at about 16 paces, i draw back the super smooth widow hit anchor and released i watched the 610gr carbon tipped with an Ace standed broadhead blow through both lungs and finish up 20 paces behind were he was standing.
Very impressed with the new bow!!!

-

After another hour of waiting i was starting to get impatient when i notice some movement to my left its a nice black billy cautiously making his way towards my make shift blind, but as luck would have it Australia stupidest animal the Emu caught sight of me moving to turn my camera on causing it to run past the billy spooking him, i think i swore at the emu for 10 minutes.
While havin a bit of a feed i didnt see the young billy from the morning come in when he gave me a rear on view i couldnt help but notice one the most disturbing sight for any man, the young billy was missing most of his sack leaving mans most prized and loved possesions hanging mid air, poor little bloke he was in bad condition compared so i took him out one arrow quartering on had him down in 20 yards. Later on when i told the owner he told me it was the work of feral dogs.

-

-

Pick up time was getting close so i got out of the blind to colect my arrows when i spot more billies coming in from a large opening back to the blind i go and set up again as the first mob i spotted come in another smaller mob come in quick with the black billy that the emu spooked what luck, as he gingerly came in the old ticker started beating a bit faster ands start shaking like always does in these circumstances, he's at 15 paces now angeling away perfect raking shot i draw anchor and choke big time as they run off i quickly nock another arrow hoping to get another shot, lady luck was on my side as i see him stop and turn around 25 paces out and i made sure i didnt miss a second time. The feeling of joy quickly disperses the feeling of discust of missing the first shot, he runs 40 paces and pilles up.What a feeling..
 -

Just after he piles up i hear the rumble of the old mans Navara, he skins out the young billy while i saw the horns off and take the legs off the bigger fellas, the little fella had a beautiful skin and i reckon he deserved a little respect for what had gone through. A great weekend with the old man..
 -

--------------------
Wayoutwest

Posts: 190 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looks like fun to me

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4102 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntschool
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntschool   Email Huntschool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your a killin machine... So is that Widow

--------------------
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator
Shotgun/Pistol Team Coach
Southeastern Illinois College
ACUI 2011 Div. I National Champions
SCTP 2011 Collegiate Division National Champions
NSCA Level III Instructor
I.W.A.R.M Consultants
Black Widow Bows

Posts: 1880 | From: Illinois, Southernmost | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops! Here it is! Well-done, Luke, and that really is a nice bow!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slivrslingr
Contributor 2014
Member # 16071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slivrslingr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another great weekend for you Luke! Congrats! [thumbsup]
Posts: 1162 | From: SoCal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Maher
Contributor 2017
Member # 5543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Maher   Email Ben Maher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Giddyupp mate ...

--------------------
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Posts: 2667 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job, looks like you had fun.

--------------------
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Posts: 1518 | From: Bakersfield, California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Surtees
Contributor 2010
Member # 1349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Surtees   Email Chris Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 8060 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats,sure a lot of hunting opportunity in your Country!!

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9107 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John3
Contributor 2017
Member # 571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John3   Email John3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is awesome...! So pleased the bow showed and that you are happy with it.. Even more pleased to see the bow hunted..
Congrats on the goat and thanks for the PM...

John III

--------------------
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor". Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri

Posts: 2941 | From: Berger, Missouri | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11676 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fritz
Contributor 2010
Member # 2879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fritz   Email Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story and pics! Congrats, but did you have to include that goat's mangled manhood? You still got me cringing! Ha! [thumbsup] [Not Worthy] [thumbsup] [archer2]

--------------------
God is good, all the time!!!

Posts: 1552 | From: Merryville,LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greyghost
Contributor 2011
Member # 25916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greyghost   Email greyghost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great shooting, congrats.

Beautiful wood in that bow.

Posts: 381 | From: Virginia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Bowers
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Bowers   Email Dave Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go..always love seeing pics from down under.
Posts: 1459 | From: Mantua, NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MISSINGINOHIO
Contributor 2014
Member # 6271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MISSINGINOHIO   Email MISSINGINOHIO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a awesome day!

--------------------
3 pc silvertip recurve 58"53@27
3 Pc Silvertip recurve 58"51@27

Posts: 337 | From: YOUNGSTOWN,OHIO | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©