JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2010 » The Bachelorhood was still in intact..... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Bachelorhood was still in intact.....
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
As I reached half draw he looked ahead and started walking, and I kept drawing. He stopped and looked right at me with a softball sized pine running up in front of foreleg and neck and another pine the same size splitting his body in half. This left a nice window to split and center the vitals. My 70# MOAB sent the arrow right between the pines and into the buck, and man did he bottle rocket out of there!!!! Back across the dim road he sounded like a horse as he disappeared into the pines, and I could hear him even after I lost site of him. It sounded as if he veered right a bit....then silence.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30613 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
That's when it dawned on me. This was not a little buck, but one that was full grown. I just realized how big his body looked in my mind when he was standing there. He had a broad squared off body and a very unique rack....more so than I thought.

Like when I walked up on 'Bride of Horse Tail'(when I killed a big fat 300#+ sow like Curt Cabrera), I immediately thought of Curt again. Curt had killed a nice racked freak buck in TX, and once again I had followed along Curt's path. I now had a freak buck of my own.

What also made this so special is I had never hunted this area before, and only hunted the one spot I felt in my gut was the right one. In less than just a few minutes it all happened, AND I was on the ground. More pics of this freak rack to follow.....

-

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 30613 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Guard
Contributor 2014
Member # 9584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Guard   Email Jack Guard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really cool looking !!! Congrats Terry !!!!!

[archer2] [clapper]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Posts: 1541 | From: Ashburn, Va | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doug77
Contributor 2014
Member # 11884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doug77   Email doug77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice deer Terry, he will look good on the wall

doug77

Posts: 2675 | From: SE iowa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

In the meantime....my taxidermist got me taken care of so I could take more pics of this buck's unique rack.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Really cool bonus pic coming up....shows how big the buck really was...he was way bigger than his rack.

--------------------

Andy Cooper
Contributor 2016
Member # 24284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy Cooper   Email Andy Cooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for a great story, Terry! [clapper]

--------------------
[campfire] TGMM Family of the Bow [archer]

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Posts: 1119 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

OK...now you've seen the field photo and the close ups of the rack....now, thanks to the pic the property owner got of the deer during the summer, you can see how the buck's body dwarfed the rack.

Here he is sporting his rusty summer coat.....

-

--------------------

2fletch
SPONSOR
Member # 7327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2fletch   Email 2fletch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for taking us hunting with you Terry. That was great.

[clapper] [biglaugh] [clapper]

--------------------
Eagle's Flight Archery

Posts: 1932 | From: Mebane, NC | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcar315
Contributor 2017
Member # 19642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcar315   Email jcar315   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool buck indeed. He is a bruiser.

Congrats Terry and thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 5273 | From: Boonsboro Maryland | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hud
Contributor 2017
Member # 9639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hud   Author's Homepage   Email Hud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story. I wonder if he passed those genes on to his offspring?

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2075 | From: Ridgefield, Wa. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missouri CK
Contributor 2015
Member # 675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missouri CK   Email Missouri CK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story Terry! Thanks for sharing. We need some hunting stories this time of year!

--------------------
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Posts: 1028 | From: Weston, MO | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrpenguin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrpenguin   Email mrpenguin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story... And what a strange deer...

--------------------
God Bless,
Erik
_ _ _ _ _
Crow Creek Black Feather Recurve 49@28
Browning Wasp 50@28

"And we know for those who love God all things work together for good"-Romans 8:28

"It's so hard to stop being a man and start being a wolf" - G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 847 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for bringing me along on your journey.

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5331 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shedrock
Contributor 2013
Member # 14750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shedrock   Email Shedrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story! I felt like I was right there.

--------------------
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Posts: 2439 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©