JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » Highlights 2010 » The Bachelorhood was still in intact..... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Bachelorhood was still in intact.....
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper] [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

Thanks "T"! Great [campfire] story!

God bless,Mudd [archer]

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12019 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
straitera
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for straitera   Email straitera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done & well told! Nice deer. Much thanks.

--------------------
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Posts: 4639 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tracker1
Contributor 2017
Member # 27357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tracker1   Email tracker1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry, thanks for the story. That rack is cool.
Posts: 3623 | From: michigan | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shinken
Contributor 2015
Member # 18740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shinken   Email Shinken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for sharin' the story Terry!

That buck is a unique trophy.

Have a great 2011 huntin' season!

Shoot straight, Shinken

[archer2]

--------------------
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Posts: 3575 | From: Tri Cities Washington | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steadman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steadman   Author's Homepage   Email steadman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the story Terry! Great buck! [thumbsup]

--------------------
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Posts: 4827 | From: Utah | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesKerr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 29492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesKerr   Email JamesKerr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story Terry! Thanks for sharing and good luck this rapidly approaching season.

--------------------
James Kerr

Posts: 3694 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonebuster
Contributor 2011
Member # 11593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonebuster   Author's Homepage   Email Bonebuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You gotta love it when our instincts are strong enough to help guide us in the hunt. It`s even better when our experience allows us to recognize it.

Being "drawn" to hunt a specific location is the ultimate excersize for a bowhunters heart. At that moment, I turely believe we are as "connected" as we will ever get.

We may not always NEED to hunt for the meat, but we do NEED to hunt for the connection.

Great story, and a tank of a buck. On the ground, with a stout bow and an arrow straight from the heart!

Thanks for sharing! [campfire]

Posts: 3496 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[clapper] Congrats again brother, "let's" do it again [campfire]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17657 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madness522
Contributor 2008
Member # 10719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for madness522   Email madness522   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story T!

--------------------
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Posts: 2276 | From: Davidson NC | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyTJ
Contributor 2012
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyTJ   Author's Homepage   Email KentuckyTJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great story and buck Terry. Its was good to be back in the woods for a moment.

--------------------
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it >>>---->

Posts: 9029 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff D. Holchin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff D. Holchin   Email Jeff D. Holchin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice buck Terry, and a very well-told story. Did you happen to notice any injury or deformity to the buck's back left leg? I killed a similar but smaller buck a few years back, and a nephew killed a buck that looked like yours - mine had a deformed hoof (although I didn't notice anything unusual in his gait before I shot him) and my nephew's buck was limping/favoring that leg.

--------------------
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, you owe it to yourself to check us out. http://probowsociety.net/wp/

Posts: 448 | From: Hickory, North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trad_bowhunter1965
Contributor 2017
Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trad_bowhunter1965   Email trad_bowhunter1965   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Story and a awesome buck thanks Terry.

--------------------
Pronghorn Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Member
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why
(Mark Twain)

Posts: 1642 | From: Northeastern CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowhunter4life
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowhunter4life   Email Bowhunter4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great buck T! Great story also! I've always regretted not following my gut on many a hunt also, now I find it's always best to listen to it!

Side note: Is that a wall pedistal mount, and is that some more of Curt's work? If so, I had two different shots a great bucks at Solana last year that were going to get the same treatment, but the "Texas Boogy" swarted both!

--------------------
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 5233 | From: Georgia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gatekeeper
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gatekeeper   Email Gatekeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the story [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Posts: 2407 | From: Camden Point, Missouri | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Mornin' Guys.....thanks for the comments.

quote:
Originally posted by Hud:
Great story. I wonder if he passed those genes on to his offspring?

He sure didn't that Fall Rut..... [biglaugh]

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D. Holchin:
Did you happen to notice any injury or deformity to the buck's back left leg?

He had no trouble walking at all....his gate was normal....and looked extremely normal 'coming out of the gate'. [jumper] [jumper] [jumper]

quote:
Originally posted by Bowhunter4life:
Side note: Is that a wall pedistal mount, and is that some more of Curt's work? If so, I

Yes...I ended up getting a wall pedestal... I thought that would feature the rack better...and I didn't have a deer like that. I do have a wall pedestal of my antelope and that's what prompted me to look at that mount for this buck.....But Curt didn't mount this one....I think he had too much on his plate at the time...

quote:
Originally posted by Guru:
Congrats again brother, "let's" do it again

Curt,....the parallels aren't over yet...I got a 'gut feeling' [readit]

quote:
Originally posted by Bonebuster:
You gotta love it when our instincts are strong enough to help guide us in the hunt. It`s even better when our experience allows us to recognize it.

Being "drawn" to hunt a specific location is the ultimate excersize for a bowhunters heart. At that moment, I turely believe we are as "connected" as we will ever get.

We may not always NEED to hunt for the meat, but we do NEED to hunt for the connection.

Great story, and a tank of a buck. On the ground, with a stout bow and an arrow straight from the heart!

Thanks for sharing!

Bonebuster......you obviously 'get it'. [campfire]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30613 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©